Friday, August 21

Seeing Music

***Oops! I forgot to make the videos public. They should be working now!***

“Dance is music made visible.” George Balanchine

There is no denying the fact that Addie loves music! She's loved it since she was itty bitty.

But she's moved from sitting and dancing to standing and dancing!

There's much less clapping now. Her hands seem to be doing more of an artistic interpretation of the music, if I thought that was even possible! It's certainly her interpretation though!


Sometimes it involves bouncing.
Sometimes it involves squatting.
Sometimes it involves swaying.
Sometimes it involves jumping.

Sometimes it involves the bottom half of her body remaining completely still and the top half doing all the dancing!

Sometimes it's completely silent.
Sometimes it's the loudest thing ever!


But the newest move is the head banging. No, she's not head banging in the truest sense. No, you don't need to be concerned. Again, I think it's an artistic interpretation of the music. It's just that sometimes objects get in the way!


And other times it involves a t-shirt and tutu. Lots of prodding. And a failed attempt to hold the camera still while laughing! (This one's a little longer and a little slower than the others...but I couldn't not show you the video with her in a t-shirt and tutu!)

Can you squat in a perfectly seated position while maintaining your balance like that? Yeah...me either!

4 comments:

  1. LOVE videos, but I can't see any of them - it says I have to accept the friend request! I still can't believe how big she is! I hope we can get together soon....!!! Love you bunches!! - Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. WONDERFUL!! WONDERFUL!! We love them!! She is so adorable! I love the tutu! Precious!! Savannah is standing over me right now going "More! More! More!" Miss you and hope you are doing well! Love you bunches! J.M.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the title of the blog entry. Love the videos! That girl has rhythm! And I love her twirling her hair in the last one!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. these are great videos...she is so not self conscious and what rhythm. I love watching them...xomargaret

    ReplyDelete