Wednesday, November 4

#Update 3#

I took Addie to the doctor today for her 18 month appointment.

Let that sink in.

No. The significance is not that she's 19 months and 2 weeks old right now!

I drove. I transported my child. I kept up with her. I spent over an hour and a half away from the house. I ate at least 3 snacks while we were gone. I went by myself.

I did not throw up. I did not pass out. I did not even feel nauseous!

I also went to get my progesterone levels checked early this morning. I've been taking intramuscular shots for 6 weeks now. I took them for 10 weeks with Addie. They hurt much worse this time. I don't understand why, but they did.

And they were making me sick!

A progesterone level should be above 25 when you are pregnant. Today, mine was 56! A few weeks ago, it was at 120! No more shots for me!

No wonder I've felt better! I think I've eaten more in the past 48 hours than I've eaten over the last 2+ weeks! Oh my!

Back to Addie.

We went for her 18 month appointment today! Although a tad late, here are her stats according to her current age:
weight: still in the 95th%ile at 30lbs 3.5 ounces
height: still off the charts at 34 and 5/8 inches
head circumference: down to the 90th%ile at 48.2 cm

Proportional. Yet ginormous. Her winter shirts, dresses and skirts are 3Ts and her pants are 2Ts.

But perfect!

Except for sleeping and eating. We've discovered that when she's in a long term stressful situation, this is how she reacts. This happened at the end of July too. She quit eating by the end of the week. She refused to sleep by herself, and she'd only sleep in the bed with us. It became very apparent to us how disturbed the environment was making her. Although this is significantly different, she is reacting the same way.

I could blame the tantrums on it too. But that's fairly typical for her age. I could blame the meltdowns she has when new people approach her on it as well. But that's somewhat typical for a clingy stage.

But I cannot deny her refusing to eat and waking up several times in the night and being unable to soothe herself like she's done for so long. I cannot do anything but accept that our situation is having an affect on her. I've been her primary caregiver during the day since she was born...for 19 months. Over the past two weeks, that has not been the case. She's had impeccable care and lots of love. I'm pretty sure she's actually received more attention over the past two weeks than normal.

But it's change; and although children are surprisingly resilient, this is how she deals with stress.

So we're being very patient. Lots of rocking. Lots of distracting. Lots of encouraging. Lots of cuddling. Lots of patience.

And it will improve. It will get better. And we will move on!

Thank you so much for your sweet comments on the previous post. Thank you for the words of encouragement. I knew so many of you were still praying for us, no matter my state of mind, and your emails and messages only reinforced it! Thank you for that!

Praises: I have not been nauseous for two days. I am eating and feeling stronger each hour!
Praise God! Also, our house is clean, tidy and straight! Between my mom and aunt last week, Allison all day Monday, a cleaning lady on Tuesday, and Laura Beth and Diane today, it's perfect. I am so thankful! And I'm so thankful for such amazing family and friends!

Requests: Please continue to pray for Addie, that she would sleep and eat. We've spent lots of time cuddling and snuggling, and I'm praying it will start to pay off! Please pray for Paul. He thought he was exhausted last week, but these last few nights have sealed that deal. He's worn slap out! Please pray that he can rest and would get to feeling better!

Again, thank you for your sweet words and many prayers! Each one of you have blessed us in an unique ways, some with words, others with food, and others with time. Thank you!

God is good...all the time!

I have not stopped giving thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers. Ephesians 1:16

10 comments:

  1. Yes, yes, yes...., we will pray specifically for the things you mentioned. Keep these posts coming so that I know how you are doing. See you very soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blessings girl....I pray for continued steps forward for you and your family!!! May Addie find peace in the current situation and may you find comfort in knowing that children are all different and Addie is just demonstrating her uniqueness....I pray rest and healing for you all...I hope each day gets easier.....much love!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blessings girl....I pray for continued steps forward for you and your family!!! May Addie find peace in the current situation and may you find comfort in knowing that children are all different and Addie is just demonstrating her uniqueness....I pray rest and healing for you all...I hope each day gets easier.....much love!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blessings girl....I pray for continued steps forward for you and your family!!! May Addie find peace in the current situation and may you find comfort in knowing that children are all different and Addie is just demonstrating her uniqueness....I pray rest and healing for you all...I hope each day gets easier.....much love!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Blessings girl....I pray for continued steps forward for you and your family!!! May Addie find peace in the current situation and may you find comfort in knowing that children are all different and Addie is just demonstrating her uniqueness....I pray rest and healing for you all...I hope each day gets easier.....much love!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Blessings girl....I pray for continued steps forward for you and your family!!! May Addie find peace in the current situation and may you find comfort in knowing that children are all different and Addie is just demonstrating her uniqueness....I pray rest and healing for you all...I hope each day gets easier.....much love!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Blessings girl....I pray for continued steps forward for you and your family!!! May Addie find peace in the current situation and may you find comfort in knowing that children are all different and Addie is just demonstrating her uniqueness....I pray rest and healing for you all...I hope each day gets easier.....much love!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ignore my e-mail from a little bit ago...this post was all the info i needed on how you're feeling. praise god that that "sick portion" of your pregnancy has passed. and now you can focus on eating - and growing both yourself and those sweet babies!
    i love you and will be praying for addie in the specific ways you mentioned. (by the way, i had a fantastic time with her on monday. she's an absolute angel!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Praying for you!

    I gave you a blog award over at my blog! Go check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I Just found your blog.
    I wanted to let you know (although I am new here so there may be more background than I'm aware of) that my girls went through a non eating (not liking one single thing) and not sleeping stage too.
    I'll be praying for you all.

    ReplyDelete