Saturday, January 2

More Than Enough Room...

...in the stable.

We have two nativities: a beautiful wooden nativity and Addie's Little People Nativity.

The wooden nativity sat on a table away from where Addie plays, but I started noticing her going over to "see baby Jesus" more and more. She'd talk about Mary and Joseph and Baby Jesus and the sheep and most importantly the camel. She'd talk about Baby Jesus sleeping (because that's what babies do, right?).

And then she wanted Baby Jesus to watch her jump. So she'd stand in front of the table, holding onto the edge, and jump. I'd hear, Addie jump Baby Jesus or Watch Addie jump as she'd look on expectantly.

But the sweetest thing to me was when she started taking things to Baby Jesus.  First it was the Little People angel. Then a Little People sheep. I wasn't aware that there were lions and turtles at the manger scene, but there were at this one!
bIMG_6771

But if you look to the far bottom left of either picture, you can barely make out the "mammal" (camel) Addie's favorite animal from her Little People nativity.
bIMG_6772
And even though she loved to carry it around, jump with it, and play with the "mammel" more than any other, she left it there for Baby Jesus.  Maybe, just maybe, in her 21 month old mind, she's beginning to grasp the concept of giving. I know I'm a little biased, but I thought it was pretty sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment