Well since we didn't have Kindermusik today because of the holiday, we all went for a play date at Thomas' house. His mama was so sweet to have us all over! The kids played and the mama's got to visit, and we ate some yummy treats.
There were 3 little boys and 3 little girls, all of which are sweet children, so it was perfect! All of a sudden Addie came and asked me to "help". So I followed her into Thomas' room only to discover that she needed help pulling the chair out so she could sit...and color. Well, considering their house is on the market, I kept a close eye on my "colorer" to make sure she focused on the paper and not the bedroom walls!
Of course I left my camera at home, but Anna (Thomas' mama) grabbed this sweet shot of Audrey, Thomas, and Addie coloring. Addie is about 6 months younger than Audrey and Thomas, but she sure didn't shy away from coloring with them!
(I think she's telling Thomas what to do here...)
Another family had to leave early, and Addie burst into tears thinking we were leaving too! That wasn't the only time Addie melted down. When it was time to leave, she threw an extra dramatic fit, laying herself down on their foyer rug while I got things together. Anna's sweet husband (who we found out later was actually my mom's favorite radiation tech when she was going through treatment) was home for lunch and picked Addie up to love on her. I smiled and said we had two more of those on the way, and I'm pretty sure I got a sympathetic look! It was nothing her lovie, paci, and a 2 hour nap couldn't cure!
Being two is so hard. But I hear being three is even harder. {{sigh}}
Therefore, do not worry about tomorrow...
Matthew 6:34a


You are too sweet! Thank you for blogging about our day! We had such a good time and so glad everyone could come over! So glad it was MY husband you were talking about! It makes a wife feel very good to hear someone talk so nicely about her husband!
ReplyDeleteWow, your playdates are a whole lot calmer than mine. We had one yesterday with two other nearly 2 year olds and there was constant hitting, crying, pushing, and time outs but all three of them. I'm impressed that they sat and colored so nicely together. Very cool.
ReplyDelete