A little history: we bought a matching crib (for a great deal) the beginning of October for the twin's room. Both of our cribs were recalled a month later; but a piece can be installed to make them safe, so we kept it (plus they wouldn't take it back). It sat in the guest room (now the twin's room) for close to 4 months because, well, we had a few things going on...like unexpected surgery!
So a few weeks ago when we started putting the girl's room together, we pulled out the 2nd crib. There was a dent in the mattress board (where the mattress sits) but not too bad. Then Paul started pulling pieces out. There was a dent here, scratch there, and what looked liked gnaw marks on the edge of the railing. I was not a happy pregnant woman! The scratches weren't terrible but just annoying that we'd paid for a new crib and gotten this.
So the mother lion came out in me, and I kindly wrote the company. Their return policy said that if we wouldn't just accept parts that we'd have to pay to return the whole thing. I. Don't. Think. So. And I told them that, nicely.
They write back, horrified at the condition of the crib (it's really not that bad but still), and immediately agreed to ship us a new one and take back at no cost (or let us keep) the old one. I was ok with that but went ahead and asked if we could just get a partial refund. They would only offer us 20% of the price we paid. Not enough.
That was 2 weeks ago. I got an email at the end of last week saying the shipment had been delayed. And then yesterday, I got an email that our crib had been completely discontinued. And...
...that we 1.) could keep the current crib and 2.) would be refunded the full amount of our purchase!
Really?
I can handle a few dents and scratches here and there. Now it just matches Addie's old one.
And completely for free...really! What an incredible blessing, and I honestly believe another gift from God!
Awesome story! What a wonderful gift, a FREE crib! Unheard of! I love to hear of all the ways God is blessing you in this journey! Thanks so much for sharing!
ReplyDeleteLauren G W