Wednesday, March 3

100 Weeks and Not So Wordless Wednesday

So apparently last week marked 100 weeks of Addie's life. I received an email from one of those what's your baby doing or should be doing around this time in their life stating that it was her 100th week.  Given that she'll be 2 in two and a half weeks, we hit 100 weeks at some point during the last month.

When pregnant, everything is measured in weeks. When babies are first born, at least the first few weeks are tallied. After that, weeks turn into months and months turn into years. But 100 weeks...wow!

Right now I'm trying to measure things in days, even hours and minutes. I cannot explain the eagerness I feel about meeting the little girls. I could simply burst with anticipation. When will they make their appearance? What will they look like? How big will they be? Which one will we name which? Will they be easy babies like Addie or will we be plagued with colic?

But I think my number one question is: How will Addie react? Her almost 2 year old self can tell me that she wants to hold the babies when they are born but that they haven't been born yet because they are still growing bigger in Mommy's tummy. Who knows what her almost 2 year old brain understands though! And that's where I start measuring things in hours, even minutes. Her days of being an only child are ticking away. As I held her today, hot with fever and coughing, all I could think of was how will I do this with three. Instead, I pushed that out of my mind and thanked God that I could hold Addie, without interruptions, and give her undivided attention right that minute.

Yup, you read it right; we're sick around here again. Not an ideal week for Addie to be sick. We're having a little birthday party for her this weekend. It's early (she won't be 2 until March 19th), but we have spring break and an ever growing pregnant Mommy to finagle around.

But as I thought back over the past 5 months, with the exception of Paul being sick right after my surgery; we made it until mid January without any of us being sick (ok, ok. i'm not counting the 6 weeks straight after my surgery when I threw up ). Granted, it's been 2 stomach bugs each for Paul and me, a sinus infection for me, pink eye for Addie, and now whatever this is for Addie...but we went over 3 months with nothing, during the peak of winter illnesses. I guess it just goes to show that God knows what we can handle and when we can handle it...and He's not going to give us more than we can handle. I guess we can handle being sick on and off for 6 weeks after not being sick for almost 15 weeks. So we praise Him for that!

And we continue to work to live in the present, while eagerly awaiting the future, yet all the while cherishing each moment we have!

So after a Not So Wordless Wednesday post, here's a picture I grabbed of her last week:
bIMG_7597
And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 4:19

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful picture of Addie. I am so sorry she is sick - we will pray for her quick healing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Anna. Enjoy every single moment. I remember having such crazy mixed emotions before Will was born. I was so so excited, but there was a part of me that loved out little family unit of three and my time with Bennett. I am praying for you and I hope everyone feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete