Thursday, March 11

Whew!

Why the Whew! you ask?

I went to the doctor today. 30 weeks and 3 days. I measured the equivalent of a 36 week singleton pregnancy. Blood pressure good.

The girl's heart rates were 144 and 145. We're fairly sure they are both head down right now, but next to each other instead of one in front of the other. That's a blessing!

The weight you ask...how about I lost 2 whole pounds! Lost! I think the scales must have been off or misread two weeks ago. That brings my total weight gain to 23 pounds. I am not complaining...nor am I bragging! I really should have gained a little more by now. (like 28-30lbs). I did eat most of a bag of M and M's on the way home. Yes, they were delicious, and no I don't feel guilty!  :)

Will I be attempting to eating low carb anymore? I think not! I've worried for the last 2 weeks about what I ate. First it was that I couldn't eat (weeks 10-16). Then I gradually started eating again. After that, I truly started loving food. Not in a bad way...but it just finally tasted so good! I even quit thanking God for my food and instead thanking him that food tasted SO good!!! And then to move to having to worry about not eating so many carbs?

Bottom line, the girls are doing great. There are no signs of them coming anytime soon...and I'm so thankful. Please continue to pray that they hold on until at least 35 weeks. That's only a little over 4 weeks away!

There are a couple of basic scenarios that could play out here: (clearly, there are a dozen more, but these are some basics)
-I go into labor naturally and deliver without a c-section.
-I go into labor naturally and require a c-section due to the babies' positions.
-I have to schedule an induction or c-section.
-I have to be induced and both babies are delivered without a c-section.
-I deliver Baby A but have to have a c-section for Baby B.
-I have to have a scheduled c-section.

If I do go into labor, please pray that the perfect doctor for my situation will be on-call. I think they are all pretty good at c-sections, but I'm specifically praying for one that can turn babies. If Baby A is head down, I can try to deliver; but Baby B might have to be turned. There are a couple of doctors in this practice that are known for their ability to turn babies. If that's what is needed, then I'm praying one of them will be on-call.

There are 2 verses that keep coming to mind for me. I know I've used both of them in several blog posts, but they are a constant source of comfort to me:

And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus. 
Philippians 4:19

And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. 
Philippians 4:7

4 comments:

  1. I'm incredibly excited for you and the wonderful news you received today. From the doctor's report regarding you to the one regarding your precious twin girls, what a blessing! Praying for week 35....starting tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yahoo!!!!!!!!! Such a huge milestone. Praying for your girls!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We went 38 weeks, induced, and then had them vag.....all twins are different....praying for a healthy delivery and for you to find some rest over the next few weeks!!! It will be here before you know it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm just finally catching up on your blog! praying for the right doctors & the best delivery for your girls & you. i'm sure you've done lots of reading about twins & labor/delivery... i hope & pray that your docs don't rush to the C section without giving you & your babies a chance at vaginal delivery! i have several friends who have delivered twins naturally, and every one of them said they had to ask the doctors to wait 'just a little longer' for the second baby to turn around & descend properly before rushing to do a C. one of my friends even delivered a frank breech & then a posterior- not a fun labor, but a natural delivery all the same!
    all that to say... i love you & am already praying for your delivery & the first time you & paul see your sweet baby girls!

    ReplyDelete