Wednesday, May 12

Coming Home

After a fairly stressful morning (we found out my mom was going to have to put our very first cat Miles to sleep (who was living with her). Mile's was pushing 16 and diabetic.), we finally had our discharge papers and could be on our way.

...once they brought the wheelchair to wheel me out in. There were 15 discharges that morning; and we were #3 and it was already noon!  But instead of being wheeled out, they let me walk out! Whoohoo!

We got the girls dressed so we could take some great pictures to remember the day. Right? Wrong? My camera ended up in the car, so we had to wait for Paul to go grab it. By the time he came back up with the camera, the little girls were crying and Addie had had enough! So I decided that I would take pictures anyway, crying babies and difficult 2 year olds and all!

Take 1: I think Anne Perry was actually sneezing here;
bIMG_8839
but by the time I could refocus and click, this is what I got...

Take 2: Audrey Kate was crying.
bIMG_8840
Take 3: But finally, I at least got one with no one crying!
bIMG_8838
But when I added Addie to the picture, she refused to look at me (at all) and the tears had started again!
bIMG_8849

Anne Perry and Audrey Kate. 
Audrey Kate looks very much like Addie here, except Addie had much darker hair like Anne Perry.
bIMG_8833
Coming home dresses: Addie wore one of these and then my mom and I made a duplicate. They were huge on them!
bIMG_8837
Addie loved climbing up on the bed to look at the girls all ready to come home in their car seats. My favorite thing that she said the whole time she was visiting us in the hospital was when she stood next to the bassinet, peering into the clear plastic edge and informed the room that, These are my tiny babies, and I love them very much. Uh huh. I do.
bIMG_8857
Yes...this is real!
bIMG_8864
Addie thought she was having to leave her baby sisters and had been crying. But we finally got everyone in, only to have Anne Perry start to cry. This in turn made Addie just boohoo because she couldn't help her! We've since then had several conversations about why babies cry and that it's ok for them to cry! She doesn't cry as much with them unless they are really upset or both crying at the same time. Sweet big sister!
bIMG_8870

...and let the journey begin.

From small beginnings come great things.  
American Proverb

3 comments:

  1. Love it, love it, love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Precious! Love that Addie loves them so much! Hopefully that will help in the transition!! Can't wait to see more pics!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for making the time to post. I am loving keeping up with everything. Love all the pictures but my FAV is the with Addie on the bed looking down at the girls. PRECIOUS!!

    ReplyDelete