Monday, May 31

a simple Mathematical Problem

If we're trying to leave the house at 1:30pm to arrive at a party at 2pm and the girls need to eat around 1pm, then what time do I need to start getting ready if I have to: shower, find something that fits, dress myself, change and dress Addie, get snacks/drinks together, pack the diaper bag (pacis, lovie, burp clothes, 2 sizes of diapers, wipes, camera, drink/snacks, etc), feed the girls, feed Addie, eat lunch myself, change and dress the girls, put them in their car seats, and get everyone in the car and out the driveway?

I hated word problems when I was growing up. Probably because I was never taught how to solve them. I loved teaching them though.

Clearly I have not given you enough information. You have no idea how long it takes me to get ready and complete that list above or how long it takes the girls to eat.

But I do, and anytime we want to go somewhere, I have to apply a not-so-simple Mathematical Equation to solve a similar problem and figure out what time I need to start things.

The answer: at least start by 10:30am, probably earlier, in order to build in time for the unexpected!

You know, the unexpected like when Addie decides to splash water out of the dogs bowl all over her dress and the bathroom floor while I'm changing the little girls!

Life is interesting to say the least!!! :)

2 comments:

  1. The actual answer: you're already late :) Here's to doing it all!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes...those days :)
    I remember getting up at 5am {I still get up at 5am every morning} and getting myself reading first, then the girls. Once they woke up, I would feed, dress, change them, lay them back down {because all they did was sleep early on}. I packed everything while they were sleeping so when they woke up {again} I just had to change them, and go.
    Only, they were both attached to oxygen, cannulas, oximeters, sat probes and 8 meds each...
    BUT, I think having an older 2 year old might be harder. She can wigggle & giggle and get into anything!!!
    Just enjoy the time before they start walking. I promise you now, this will be THE easy time of the younger years.
    When they start walking...life is full of surprisingly wonderful chaos :)

    They sure are super beautiful.
    Maybe a family photo soon??? :)

    ReplyDelete