Saturday, May 22

Popsicles!

I've attempted (and failed miserably) to spend some one-on-one time with Addie each day. I'm just now coming out of the fog of initial exhaustion and recovering from the c-section, so I hope to do a better job of it in the future! It makes a huge difference in her behavior and how she responds to me and the girls.

But one day last week I actually succeeded at finding the energy to take her outside while the little girls were napping. And this is what we did:
eating
Amazing how appetizing a 2 year old can make a popsicle look!
bIMG_8966
I'm loving this picture: her expression, her eyes, the blurred popsicle, and the drips hanging in mid-air!
bIMG_9002
I had RieRie come outside to check out our little popsicle girl, and this is Addie looking at her (as well as her showing her the popsicle in the picture above). This is one where I just wish she didn't have red popsicle all over her!
bIMG_9006
 The last few bites were a little tricky.
bIMG_9019
But she was determine to get every last bit!
bIMG_9024
And this is the reaction I got when I told her there would not be a 2nd one!
bIMG_9027
As our friend Mary Michael said, without the popsicle stick, these pictures would look like something out of a horror film! Thankfully, each is sporting the popsicle stick, reassuring readers that I am not taking pictures of an injured child!

Can you tell how much fun she had though. This maybe a favorite summer past time, minus the cleanup. Baby pool, here we come!

4 comments:

  1. In all your spare time, I really want you to drive to Georgia and take pictures of my children. ;o) These are great shots of what appear to be a wonderful bit of one-on-one time with Miss Addie. LOVE them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is interesting to say the least...we will have to try popsicles!!!
    When I think back on those first weeks/months going solo daily with T and M....boy does it seem foggy. Thankfully there are pictures to remind me...I think exhaustion and fear, and overwhelming joy cloud the mind!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it, love it, love it, love it!!! What sweet pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yay! i was referenced (with hyperlink!) in a blog!

    ReplyDelete