Sunday, June 27

a Family Weekend

Grandpa, Gail, Uncle Jay, Aunt Millie, and Kira all came to visit last weekend! Of course I'm behind on posting, but I guess I have a pretty good excuse now!

This has to be one of my favorite pictures of Kira. Isn't she just adorable!?!?! 
Addie was SO sweet to Kira, and it made me so thankful! Not that we would tolerate anything less, but it's a lot easier than fighting over it! I love this picture that Millie (or Jay) took!
bDSCF9471
They had so much fun playing together. Both of them shared toys and interacted so sweetly! Addie woke up Sunday morning begging for Kira!!!
bIMG_0062
Of course, Addie loves playing with Aunt Millie and Uncle Jay! They are so much fun (and so sweet to her!).
bIMG_0038
She took a special liking to Uncle Jay. The only other daddy that she's like that with is her own and Josh (Allison's husband). It's so sweet to watch her hug on them!
bIMG_0052
Grandpa/Paul's dad is the perfect grandpa for girls. They love him to pieces, and I'm pretty sure he feels the same way about his little darlings, as he calls them!

But we all know how quickly a great picture...

...can become quite the silly/unhappy moment! It doesn't take long with a 1 and 2 year old! I admit, I was the bad-guy and nixed the idea of a picture with Grandpa holding all 4 girls. I couldn't seem to explain well enough how unpredictable the big girls can be (see above example) and how much care had to be taken when holding the little girls! We were going to try to have him hold the babies and then we would quickly plop Kira and Addie down on either side of him. It never materialized. So we'll save that one for the lake when everyone is a little more, let's say, stable!

Ms. Gail was awesome with the little girls! You can clearly see how relaxed Anne Perry is here! She (Gail, not Anne Perry) made a delicious dinner for us with some of the yummiest brownies I've ever eaten!
bIMG_0080
I couldn't believe Kira would wear the bunny ears this long! And there's that adorable tongue again! :)
bIMG_0048
I love this set of pictures with Grandpa. Kira climbed up in his lap and smashed her little face against his nose...a preliminary kiss! Then she took his face in her hands and it was SO sweet! I was having serious issues with my flash firing (or rather not firing), so I missed half of these; but I did think these were sweet!
kisses copy
And then there were the little girls who refused to sleep in their beds the entire time they were here (not because I didn't put them there)! Oh well...pretty sweet getting to watch them sleep!
thegirls
I'm sure Addie will really like this picture when she's older. I didn't take it because she was stuffing her face with a snack. I took it because of those pig tails and that curl right in the middle of her forehead!
And I leave you with this face! Apparently this is Kira's new smile for the camera face! LOVE it!
Thanks for coming to visit...all 5 of you! We loved seeing you and can't wait to spend time together at the lake at the end of the summer!

1 comment:

  1. i'm totally digging your new camera...those pics are awesome!!! kira just couldn't be any cuter. ;-)

    ReplyDelete