Friday, June 18

RieRie Love

Oh how I love my mom.

There are a lot of people who have helped us over the past 9 months, and we are SO thankful; but there's no denying that there's just something about having your mama there for you. I am so thankful she is off for the summer and has been able to help me make this transition from one to three! She's patient, consistent, helpful and kind and loving with her words. She's got stuffing cloth diapers down, loves to give Addie her bath, and has folded more of our laundry than I have over the past 6 weeks. She knows when to make suggestions and knows when it's best to let me figure it out on my own. She's my mom.

And she can even juggle TWO babies!

This is how I burp the girls after I feed them, but then they need to be upright for at least 20 minutes...and sometimes I need to get up to care for Addie or do the dishes or take a shower! And I am so thankful that she can juggle the girls too! It takes some serious practice!
bIMG_9598
So I plopped the girls down on RieRie's shoulders, propped everyone up, and accomplished something. I just can't recall what it was!?!
bIMG_9599
As I was taking pictures, Addie yelled "Take my picture MOMMY!" alternated by "DON'T TAKE my PICTURE Mommy!" You can imagine what she was yelling here...
bIMG_9603
(sorry for the blur. I was across the room and she was JUMPING up and down! not ideal picture taking circumstances.) 
Sweet Audrey Kate
bIMG_9604
Sweet Anne Perry
bIMG_9605

Thank you Mom for being there for us and making such a huge sacrifice of your time to serve others! We love you RieRie!

She speaks with wisdom,
and faithful instruction is on her tongue.
She watches over the affairs of her household
and does not eat the bread of idleness.
Her children arise and call her blessed;...
...Many women do noble things,
but you surpass them all."
Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting;
but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised.
Proverbs 31:26-30

4 comments:

  1. Thank you, Anna, for your kind words. I love every minute of what I do and am honored and blessed to have you as my daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Got to love a mama! Question: any interest in our Tucker Sling? I *think* we're finished with it, and I would love to pass it along if you're interested/think it might help the girls. http://www.tuckersling.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe how big they are getting...seeing them in Marie's arms really puts them in a context where we can see that. Thank goodness for grammas!! Love to all, Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet post! My mom is trying to sell her house and move here in the next year!! Can't wait! WE need to talk cloth diapers now. Chad and I were just discussing it today... It would be our first time. He's normally much more devoted to natural products than me but today he said "i just don't know about those poopy things being in our washer" !!! I was like what!!?? If he only knew... (:

    ReplyDelete