7:45am
today I had to take paul to pick up his car
today I had to take paul to pick up his car
I went and dropped his off last night so I could pick up mine from being serviced so we could take all 3 girls back to get his
(confused yet?)
two cars again
gas
post office box
paul with girls in car
run inside
paul to work
pick up life jackets for trip
Chick-fil-a
order
situate
eat
hold crying AP
rock fussy AK
playground
... & poop in her pull-up
babies crying
out the door
(thank goodness for kind people who hold doors!)
in the car
home
umbrella strollers & double graco out of trunk
single & double jogger strollers in for trip
...when its not 110 degrees outside
babies cry
dog & strollers on deck
babies to crib
change addie
clean up
no more in potty? right?
panties on
wash hands
change girls
diaper pail out & grab drinks outside
wash hands
dog inside
poop in panties?!?!?
seriously...all done?
clean up
wash hands
grab girls
situate
feed girls
disappears
come back!
NO!
I have to poopoo!
naked 2 year old
well go!
doubtful
little potty
juggle how?
Oh mommy look. I poopooed!
?
little potty into living room
Yeah! (ewwww!)
any more?
More!
how to do this?
put girls down
crying!
dog with nose IN little potty!!!
OMG!
NO!!!!!
harder crying :(
drag dog outside
little potty clean out
clean up
phone rings
can't answer
re-panty
wash hands... again
sobbing still
grab girls
nurse again
curious george
breathe
spit up all over me, baby & chair
babies asleep
These are the days I question my ability to even manage the bare essentials & its only 10am!
addie in (dry) big girl panites
AK holding AP's hand tightly
& nothing much else matters
the BIG question?
How Do You Do It...?
the Answer:
I don't!
You just do what you have to do.
I'm not a super mom.
I'm not super woman.
I don't have it all together.
& I don't do it all.
I promise.
I'm tired.
I'm hyper-organized.
I'm incredibly imperfect.
& I'm ok with it.
You just do what you have to do when you have to do it
...and let the rest go.
AMEN and AMEN!! Oh, if only us moms could give each other alittle more grace and breathing room to just exist and not try to pretend that any of us have it all together, this world would be a more beautiful place!
ReplyDeleteThank you for this post. I love your honesty - and I want to help you anytime. Let's plan on it when you get home from your trip. Much love!
But you know what? When they are 10 and 8, you're going to miss these days. Or at least I think you will. :-)
ReplyDeletei guess i need to get ready for this lifestyle! you are an amazing mommy who does an amazing job each and every day. look at those girls and KNOW that you are the reason they are here and thriving!
ReplyDeletelove you and hope you all have a good trip. i can't wait to hear the stories!!!!!!