Wednesday, March 9

CowGIRL

It's Rodeo week at Addie's preschool.

So off I went to Target and Thomas' house to roundup (ha!) an outfit for Addie.

We had the jeans covered.

But boots and a cowboygirl shirt and a hat. Nope. None of it!

She woke up Tuesday morning and found the hat (Target) and boots (Thomas').

I asked her if she wanted to dress up like a cowgirl for Rodeo day.

no-uh...

no?

I want to be a cowBOY.

Oh. Lesson on the difference between a cowgirl and a cowboy ensued.

All good!
bIMG_1418
We got everything on but the boots: socks, jeans, shirt (Thomas'), belt (Thomas'), bandanna (Thomas').

It took a good 15 minutes to get those boots on. I kept asking her if she wanted to wear her boots.  

No-uh. I have to wear Thomas' cowboy boots!

Pull. Tug. Stand. Stomp. Point. Push. Success!

Then came the hat, and I told her we would be going outside to take pictures.
hat
You know where that led...

...to a strawberry marshmallow bribe.

The deal? Picture and a happy heart while taking them!
bIMG_1408
You think it worked?
laughing
Of course this is how it started...
starting out
And with a super fake smile!
bIMG_1413
She kept her hands on her hat almost the whole time...
silly
...but it made it worth capturing her real smiles!

3 comments:

  1. This is absolutely adorable! I love your cowgirl :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an adorable cowgirl! Love the ruffle jeans with the boots. Very cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She looks fabulous, and so grown up! Love the jeans!

    ReplyDelete