Monday, March 7

Double What?

Ok. So I admit. I'm getting a little weary of random strangers commenting on our baby girls.

The most commonly asked question: Are they twins?

My kind response: Yes {smile}, knowing they are just trying to make conversation. And I usually add, and this is their wonderful big sister. (who then promptly yells at them that they can't have her baby sisters!)

My honest thoughts: Really? No, I just carry around two babies under one and dress them alike just for fun! Don't you?

Top 4 Things NOT to Say to the Mom of Twins: (no, I couldn't think of 5 nor could i narrow it to 3 :)

4.) Double Trouble: Double the work? Yes, try triple or quadruple the work. But Double Trouble? Does that mean since you have 2 children that you have double the trouble? Just because they are the same age doesn't mean they are more trouble! They are my children, not any trouble! Double.the.Blessing. Thank.you.very.much!

3.) You can just put one in my cart and I'll take her home: (this is when Addie goes postal!) Um. No. Don't even joke about that. They are all mine. God has given every one of them to Paul and me. What a huge responsibility and what a huge blessing. Would you give away one of your kids just because you have three? NO! So don't joke with me about taking one of mine!

2.) Oh, she smiles more. She must be the happy baby: No, you're just not standing two inches from her nose like you are her sister who's got a terrified look on her face because you are invading her personal space! Get.out.of.my.babies.face. Don't.touch.their.hands. Don't.touch.their.cheeks! You have germs, and I don't want them! Take a step back please!

1.) Which one's the bad one? Ok now really people. The bad one? How about just say, which one's your favorite. Because what I want to say is: oh, this one's the bad one. We just tolerate her! Want to take her home?

We love each of our girls for their uniqueness and already evolving individuality! They are all 3 so different and yet so similar at the same time! It's one thing to discuss what one child is doing or another child is doing, but there's just no need to classify or compare them! Having twins means having two individual children...as Paul says, not a two headed multi-pooping monster! ;)

And since this post is chalk full of sarcasm, I have to include some pictures of our current bad twin. She's a crawler and has discovered something I never dreamed she would get into! With all the construction we've had going on in our house, it's even somewhat ironic!
ak airvent
And because really, she's my favorite! {wink, wink} ;)

3 comments:

  1. Well now I feel bad...I think I have asked for one of your children before! ;) Be careful with the vents though...we have learned that they can cut toes rather deeply and can serve as a "hiding place".

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could eat Audrey Kate up in that last picture! Absolutely precious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you, Anna! You just made my night. :-)

    ReplyDelete