But that's beside the point.
After requesting Mommy Hold Me more times than I could count as I rushed around the kitchen baking cakes
I mean redoing cakes from Round 1.
and getting ready for her birthday party.
I picked Addie up.
She was too warm. Too clingy. Too everything.
Cheeks just a little too pink...
So I took her temperature: 101.4
36 hours before her 3rd Birthday Party.
36 hours before all four of Addie's grandparents would arrive, 3 of which from out of town: 2 from Augusta and 1 from Gulf Shores.
36 hours before so many of her sweet friends would arrive to help her celebrate with cake and candy and a treat filled pinata.
36 hours before what we've been working so hard for all week would arrive.
After a trip to the doctor, the fever was confirmed and an ear infection found...and a {contagious} virus couldn't be ruled out.
Antibiotic, Motrin, Fluids and Rest...again.
So we've eaten a few pretzel sticks.
And a few chocolate covered marshmallows.
I've frozen all four layers of the {Round 2 of made from scratch} cake.
Lollipop cookies will be for her school celebration next week.
Now to figure out what to do with all the hotdogs, buns, ...and fruit!
As I drove home from the doctor's office with two sleeping babies and an almost 3 year old watching a dvd in the backseat...
...I was reminded of our blessings. Our overall health. Our home. Our family. Our friends.
That we have a 3rd birthday to celebrate that we can postpone for an amazing little girl.
And immediately a quote from the book I'm reading popped into my mind:
There is a reason I'm not writing the story and God is.
He knows how it all works out, where it all leads, what it all means.
I don't!
Ann Voskamp - One Thousand Gifts
So for whatever reason this happened, I don't know.
But He does. And His timing is perfect.
And for that, and so much more, I am thankful!
But He does. And His timing is perfect.
And for that, and so much more, I am thankful!


you are too good. i need to repeat that quote to myself on a daily basis. thinking of you and your sweet 3 YEAR OLD..........wow, how is she that old!!?? love you
ReplyDelete