Saturday, April 23

A Few Firsts

I'm a {first} born.

Therefore, I make painstakingly sure that almost everything is fair and even with our girls.

Or at least I try to.

5 puffs. 5 puffs.

half a sandwich. exactly half a sandwich.

fill cup half full. other cup half full.

a toy in each hand. a toy in each hand.

3 pictures. 3 pictures.

Except I can't seem to get Addie to let me take as many pictures of her as the little girls will let me take of them.

And just because Audrey Kate can walk behind the shopping cart walker doesn't mean that Anne Perry can too.

And just because Anne Perry hams it up for the camera in multiple pictures at one time and Audrey Kate just smiles, doesn't mean I shouldn't post what I got!

See. Wasn't that a fair mention of each girl?

Nevermind.

So this is a {first}.

A terribly uneven assortment of pictures.

A video of one and not the others.

Thankfully, I don't think anyone is keeping track.

But just in case they are...I'll make it up later ;)

-----------------

The little girls have been using sippy cups with soft spouts. But someone (Anne Perry) has figured out that if she tumps it upside down and presses the spout on her highchair tray that water comes out.

Fun. Right?

Not so much to clean up unnecessary soggy food off the tray.

So Addie and I got their big girl cups (with tops) out the other day and gave them a try.

This is what Anne Perry thought of them:
Untitled-1
And Audrey Kate gave me the sweetest smile ever!
bIMG_2606
But the new spout didn't keep Anne Perry from at least trying to get the water out...
Untitled-2
Instead she learned a new trick!

And Addie begged me (another almost first) to take her picture with her Addie cup in the double stroller.

I was happy to oblige but had to crop it something serious since her most favorite attire consists of panties only these days!
bIMG_2610
And remember that {first} video of one that I don't have of the other...did I mention we have a cruiser?
She's getting faster by the day!

It amazes me how quickly these little girls are growing! This was only a month ago, and I can see such a difference in them in so many ways!
bIMG_1378
(Anne Perry)

bIMG_1388
(Audrey Kate)

And someone who didn't want her picture taken, but I managed to get one that at least looked like it was intentional (another almost first!).
bIMG_1659
But same happy girls!

So thankful for their smiles. Their health. Their laughter.

Their love.

And I'm thankful none of those are a first!

3 comments:

  1. Oh, girl, you are too good. I only have two and I think I have blogged about Bennett 5 times more than I have ever blogged about Will. I think I would blog every time she sneezed or put two words together. Every time.

    Will is now answering questions, putting 4-5 words together, knows his colors...... and have I mentioned that one single time in my blog? Nope. :-( I admire your ability to keep it even.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm absolutely IN AWE of how big the girls are getting (all of them). HOORAY for audrey kate and her new talent...that's awesome (and adorable)!
    btw, abigail came over while i was watching that video of AK and said, "oh wow, the twins are getting big. i've got to hurry b/c i won't be able to hold them much longer!" :-)
    are we still on for tomorrow??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well...I must admit that I'm just talking about the "now". I think I have pictures of Addie sneezing! Ive taken far less pictures of the baby girls in their first year than Addie! & I certainly haven't documented like I should have. Oh well...I have some of it documented & we've almost survived the first year! Haha!

    ReplyDelete