Monday, May 16

Addie's Spring Program

Last week, ok really, the week before, Addie's mother's morning out had a spring program.
bIMG_3094
Over 60 children. Over 60 young 3 year old children. All on risers. On a stage.
bIMG_3122
No one ran off the stage. Only one or two cried. No one fell off the risers. And only one or two yell-sang instead of singing voice sang.

I'd say that's pretty impressive!

Ms. Deborah (Addie's teacher last year) offered to let the little girls stay with her in the baby room so Paul and I could watch the program. I took pictures and he took video, neither of which we'd have been able to do while holding a child. So thankful!

I told Addie beforehand that I would be taking pictures...but not of her. Just of her friends. All I can say is that it worked. And there was not a single picture I got that didn't have a friend in it either! So I was truthful. I just cropped them all out to post here. :)

As they walked up on stage and sat down, I could feel myself fighting back a few tears. She looked so big. Too big. So independent. I'd have it no other way. I am so proud of her. As time has gone by, we have loved every most new phases and stages, but there will always be that part of me that will miss those days gone by.

They said the Pledge of Allegiance and sang Red, White, and Blue (which you may remember from here).

Addie pretty much started out like this. Can we say deer in headlights?
mouth
They sang: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, the Wise Man Built His House Upon the Rock, If You're Happy and You Know It, Eency Weency Spider, Jesus Loves Me, John 3:16, and the ABC's Song.
faces
She actually sang and did the motions too!

But my favorite has to be Bringing Home a Baby Bumble Bee:
I'm bringing home a baby bumblebee.
Wont my mommy be so proud of me?
I'm bringing home a baby bumblebee.
Ouch! It stung me!

I'm squishing up my baby bumblebee.
Wont my mommy be so proud of me?
I'm squishing up my baby bumblebee.
Eew! It's yucky!

I'm wiping off my baby bumblebee.
Wont my mommy be so proud of me?
I'm wiping off my baby bumblebee.
Now my mommy won't be mad at me!
bIMG_3144
See her bumblebee in her hands?

And then they sang God Our Father, which is actually a blessing, for their last song. It was so sweet!
bIMG_3146
Afterwards, they had a party! Addie was clearly ready to get to the party, but I at least got one picture with her and Daddy! (she's holding up 3 fingers because she is 3 years old, just in case you missed that :)
bIMG_3153
We (Paul) did manage to get most of it on video. Unfortunately, it cut off right as they were starting the Bubblebee song! It's pretty long (almost 10 minutes), but I'm posting it for the grandparents and Nana (and of course whoever else wants to watch it ;)
This school year has marked a lot of milestones for our girl. Lots of growing up. Lots of transitions and change. Her teachers loved her through it all, and for that, we will be eternally grateful to them!

Next year, she'll be in real preschool! Slow down big girl, slow down!

1 comment:

  1. I got tears in my eyes just watching the video! What a cutie-pie, and she's definitely ready for pre-school! So if I {almost} cry at this, imagine what I'll do next month at Annemarie's high school graduation. Oy!! Love you all and thanks so much for sharing, it means the world to us to keep in touch like this. Kiss those girls for us!

    ReplyDelete