Saturday, May 14

P-A-R-T-Y

Today was the twins' 1st birthday P-A-R-T-Y!

They were surrounded by grandparents, family, and friends.

And a sweet photographer friend who took ALL the pictures.

That's right people. I didn't even pick up my camera.

I enjoyed the day. Enjoyed the girls. Enjoyed the friends and fellowship.

And enjoyed being actively engaged and involved in the whole party instead of attempting to capture all the memories.

p.e.r.f.e.c.t.

So I have not a single picture of the day for you right now. But when I do, have no fear, there will be a huge post!

There were smash cakes and party hats, a birthday cake, cookies, banners, birthday dresses, monthly progression pictures, balloons, lunch, and lots of fun.

But what I loved the most about the day were the people that surrounded our girls and our family.

So many of the people who have supported us and loved us over the past year and a half.

Through surgeries. Through births. Through transitions. Through renovations. Through life.

Our baby girls are one.

And we could not have asked for a more beautiful day!

Today:

Anne Perry has decided she wants nothing to do with nursing. Tomorrow she starts whole milk.
bIMG_3925
She also pushed up on me today and stood for a good 10 seconds holding onto nothing.
bIMG_3917
Audrey Kate is a little talker! She loves to have conversations with you now. Back and forth.
bIMG_3928
But my favorite is when I sing Old McDonald had a farm...and sometimes (sometimes) she will bust out with ee-ie-ee-ie-ooooh. Her new favorite sign is please, as she sweetly rubs her finger on her chest for the sign!
bIMG_3939
Such tremendous joy!

Shout to the Lord, all the earth let us sing.
Power and majesty, praise to the King.
Mountains bow down, and the seas will roar,
At the sound of Your name.
I sing for joy at the work of Your hands,
Forever I'll love you,
Forever I'll stand.
Nothing compares to the promise I have
In You.

2 comments:

  1. We were so honored and humbled to be a part of the girl's special day. The whole time I was thinking about their miraculous journey into this world. Praise God from whom ALL blessings flow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy birthday! yall have been through alot over the past two years and you have remained so positive! you are an inspiration to me! also, I just think it's so great that you gave of yourself and nursed the girls so long. I'm a big advocate of nursing and nursed will for well over a year and walker for a year. he, like AP just wasn't interested anymore, but when I think about nursing, it just makes me long for one more little one to be able to give something so special to, who knows, it might just be in the cards, God willing.

    ReplyDelete