Thursday, July 10

Growing...

I can't believe it...I'm actually packing away clothes that are too SMALL! It seems like just yesterday, I was trying to find outfits small enough for Addie to wear...and now I have a box and a half full of clothes that are too small. Now, that could be a sign that she has too many clothes, but I'm not ready to admit that...yet :)

Addie is one week shy of 4 months old, and she's been wearing 6 month clothes for 2 months now, fits into 6-9 month clothes easily, can wear a few 12 month items, and can all of a sudden no longer wear a few of her 6 month outfits. Half of her bloomers/pantaloons (as Paul calls them) are too tight around her "little" legs that now house no less than 4 rolls each I think (maybe it's just 2). Most of her dresses still fit...but it's those one piece outfits that get her every time. I think there's some height in this family she might have inherited!

I have been very careful to buy diapers on sale with coupons, so I've bought ahead. We know exactly how much each diaper costs at Toys R Us, Walmart, Sams, Publix, and diapers.com, who has the coupons and when, and approximately how many we have of that size stashed up in the closet overflowing into the laundry room. We had a sweet friend give us some size 1-2...but now I've had to give away some size 1-2 because the size 2 fits so much better (that doesn't mean she's not still exploding out the back on almost a daily basis!) :/ I returned 3 packages of size 2 just last week because technically she can wear the size 3. So much for buying ahead!

So...instead of packing clothes away that are too big (we have stuff up to 4T), I now think my new past time is going to be constantly packing away clothes that are too small! Is there a pause button somewhere I can push to slow her down?!?!?


1 comment:

  1. I honestly think it's a part-time job just to keep up with the clothes and keep stocked up on diapers/wipes. Oh and I did find that using a size up on diapers helped with the blowouts!

    ReplyDelete