One of the first things I bought at a yard sale with Diane (when I was only a few months pregnant) was this Fisher Price Kick-n-Whirl toy...for $5.
I had no idea how it worked or what it did. After a good wipe down with Clorox Wipes and some fresh batteries, we decided to check it out. I pulled it out a few weeks ago and Addie would sort of bat at the rattles with her hands while she laid on her back. I recently decided to turn it on and see how she reacted. In order for her to get close enough to it, I sat her in one of her bouncy seats. Well...I actually got a WHOLE shower with no tears because she was so entertained (as you mommies know, uninterrupted showers are hard to come by, especially with an infant...unless they are sleeping). I heard her cooing and talking with bouts of silence followed by a squeal and the music turning back on because she would kick the rattles. I think she became equally interested in the fan and ceiling at times...but here are a few pictures...



I found that the bumbo was my "shower time". I would sit her in it outside of the shower surrounded by toys! It's worked, until now...she figured out how to get out of the bumbo. But yes, whatever you find to give you that "shower" is a true treasure!
ReplyDeleteWe have that same toy, but unfortunately, Izzy doesn't love hers quite as much as Addie does! Your shower story makes me laugh...I took mine today with Izzy in her bouncy seat beside the shower, Jack in the bathtub with some books (with no water, of course) and Abby playing babies outside the bathroom door. Showers are never quite the same as they used to be!! :-)
ReplyDelete