Tuesday, October 7

Sip-and-See

Although quite a different tradition in Montgomery, a "Sip and See" in Augusta is to introduce a someone's grandchild to her closest friends. Paul, Addie, and I traveled to Augusta this past weekend for this. Some of Addie's Grandma's sweet friends hosted this party.

hostesses: Ann, Helen, Suzanne, Phyllis, and Marsha
with Addie and her Grandma



Addie and one of our favorite friends, Rosie

another favorite friend, Fran, with Addie and Grandma

meeting the Wallaces with another sweet friend, Linda

Addie's 1st sip...of water (because that's what Mommy was drinking)!

Addie had just about had enough, and Jayne took her and gave her a baby massage! She was so relaxed!

talking to all of the ladies

enough is enough...sweet sleep

Addie got several sweet gifts from the ladies...but her favorite part was the tissue paper! She had so much fun playing in it!

4 comments:

  1. I have never heard of that either. How fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't this a fun party? Mom had one for Edward when he was 2 months old. I had heard of having one so that people could see your wedding gifts but not a baby! We enjoyed ours so much! Addis is getting so big! It's hard to believe how fast they grow! I hope y'all are doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.s. Sorry I misspelled Addie....I got in a hurry!

    ReplyDelete