Sunday, March 1

Snow!

Well only in Alabama do you have tornadoes and 75 degree short sleeve weather one day...and snow the next! Addie and I took a long walk yesterday in beautiful weather after the storms had passed. But we woke up this morning to this:

Of course it's no 8 inches...but it's SNOW! Yup...on March 1st in Alabama!

So I ran around gathering coats and hats (you know, because 2 days ago it was spring weather), and we bundled Addie up and went outside to get some pictures before it melted! It was already starting to slush, but then it started snowing again! As you can see, Addie was completely mesmerized with it! We (again) had a hard time getting her to look at the camera because she was looking up or back at the yard. I love the one of her looking up!

And after we managed to get some pictures without doggy paw prints in them...we let our 2nd baby, Abbey, out! After she quickly went potty, she ran back up the stairs and started attacking the snow on the deck!!! This dog was made for cold weather! She then proceeded to sit stoically while I took her picture as it snowed!

After a warm breakfast, we bundled up and headed to church. When we got home, Addie was so exhausted she let me take her from the car (in the sleet/snow) into the house, put her in her bed, take off her jacket...all while she stayed asleep!

I forget how beautiful snow is! It decorates the bare trees so delicately! I'm always envious of people who have this natural backdrop for their pictures...right up until I step out into it and my hands start to freeze. Then I again appreciate the warm weather that gives us backdrops of green trees and flowers for many more months out of the year!!!

It's supposed to be back up to 70 degrees by Thursday! Oh the joys! :)

2 comments:

  1. Well, we definitely can't complain about getting bored with the "same old weather" here in Alabama. It's always something new and different!! :-) Love the pics!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We brought the snow from Kansas with us. You're welcome. :-)

    ReplyDelete