I guess the most exciting news I have to share is that the twins are doing fabulous. I had an OB appointment yesterday, and their little heartbeats were loud and clear! I talked to my OB about a c-section vs. traditional delivery. He said it all depends on Baby A. If she's breech or transverse, it's out of the question, but if she's not, there's a possibility I wont have to have a c-section. They can turn Baby B if need be much easier (and I'll have an epidural by then anyway!). Have I mentioned I'd prefer not to have my belly cut open again? He did say that he'd only cut me about half way up my other scar (3.5 inches instead of 7!). That was a relief in and of itself! The entire delivery will be done in the OR with it being twins though, so no more rushing me into surgery like they did a few months ago!
I'm feeling them more and more every day, but I just haven't figured out when they sleep. As of right now, it feels like never! We'll hope that changes once they are born! :)
Have you seen the little baby ticker in the right hand column of the blog? I know it says "129 days to go" but that's to 40 weeks. I sure won't be going to 40 weeks (they'll induce/do a section at 38 weeks latest I believe). Which means we are ticking closer and closer to being under 100 days! Have I mentioned I'm excited and ready to meet these little girls?
On another note, the twins room is almost cleaned out and ready to be put together. The bedding will be on it's way soon, and I can't wait! We're working on a time for Paul's mom to come help me paint both rooms, and I am so thankful for that! I finally feel like I'm making some headway in going through things though. The closet is 75% cleaned out and the room is probably 95% cleaned out. I think I'm realizing 1.) how much ridiculous stuff we own, 2.) how much I am going to miss having a stuff room, and 3.) how much stuff I will be getting rid of! Where did all this stuff come from? Thankfully I've figured out some new ways to utilize space in our closet as well as the hall closets. And what a fabulous problem to have!
I got a little sidetracked this week. I painted and decorated (with paper) letters for Addie's room, spelling out Addie Marie. They turned out way cuter than I could have even hoped (luck), and I'll post pictures soon. Now I just have to do it two more times for the twin's names! I'm still planning to upload the last of our Christmas pictures soon too.
So stay tuned for some way more interesting posts than this one. Well, except for the part about the twins. I figure that's pretty exciting! :) We have another ultrasound February 4th to check growth, so I'll have some more pictures of the little girls then.
Have a great weekend!
pluses and minuses to a c-section, especially with a high risk delivery like yours will be. plus: you can schedule it, and it is VERY safe for those babies. minus: the recovery period. but if i had to guess, it'll be a walk in the park after the recovery you have already been through with your surgery. i thought the c-section recovery was not half bad. the worst part is the toning of the abdominal muscles that is a constant struggle. but overall, i thought my recovery from my tonsillectomy and adenoidectomy a few years back was by far worse, if it makes you feel better!
ReplyDeleteMMGK
WONDERFUL news!!! So glad to hear the good report. We did the Marvelous Multiples class today -- am happy to send you the materials to look at if you're interested. Hard to tell if it was so helpful to us b/c we don't have kiddos yet or b/c twins are a different ballgame, but it was very informative.
ReplyDelete