Thursday, March 25

Already?

Don't panic. I'm not already in labor. Doctor's appointment went well. Ultrasound looked great.

Here are the details:

I am 32 weeks and 3 days.

Both babies are still girls! :)

Baby A: 3 lbs 12 oz
Baby B: 4 lbs

Fluid and placentas both look good.

Both babies are breech and have little chance of rotating. Really, one is more breech and the other transverse. Yeah, I'm a tad disappointed. I really wanted to Baby A to be in position to deliver vaginally. But...this cuts out a lot of guess work. No delivering one vaginally and the other possibly via a c-section. No turning. But anything can change...so we patiently wait, and know there are blessings in it too!

And honestly, I figured I was in the clear.

Until they put my on the non-stress test monitors.

First of all, they make you lay on your back. Do you know what happens when you lay on your back and you're 32 weeks pregnant with twins? The babies lay on your inferior vena cava (I think that is it), cutting off blood flow back to your heart, making you nauseous and lightheaded.

Second of all, they make you lay there for 15 minutes!

Third of all, Baby B would not cooperate. She wiggled and moved and got off the monitor and then got Baby A off the monitor with all her moving.

But the big surprise for me is that I'm already having contractions! Whoa.

Apparently you can find runs of contractions in even singleton pregnancies at this stage. I cannot feel them though; and until I do or something else changes, we patiently wait!

The doctor's words:
1.) drink lots of water
2.) stay off your feet and rest

I can deal with the waiting. I can follow #1.

But #2? I do have a 2 year old. Thankfully, he never used the word bed rest or even partial bed rest. He did remind me that there is absolutely nothing I can do to stop these babies from coming. That's good to hear from a doctor, seriously. We mom's have a enough mommy guilt as it is!

So...I'm going to stay off my feet as much as possible. Paul can do the grocery shopping. I can limit my trips from the back of the house to the front and back. I can sit while I cook (or Paul, the better cook, can just do it!).

And we will patiently wait!

Our ultrasound tech was amazing. Talked to us about the babies. Genuinely enjoyed doing the scan! I was so thankful after our last experience! 

Check out these angels:
I love it that their heads are so close together! And they both have hair! I could have told you that 2 months ago with the amount of reflux/indigestion I've experienced (old wives' tale, I know; but I believe it!)
baby's heads
And a sweet Baby A profile:
baby a profile

Sweet Baby B profile with an open mouth!
baby B profile
And check out that foot! We saw a hand too with these long fingers but didn't get a picture.
baby B foot

Precious Blessings!


Be still before the LORD and wait patiently for Him...
Psalm 37:7

Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.
James 1:17

3 comments:

  1. How exciting! I am praying for you and can't wait! Please let me know if there is ever anything I can do to help! I will be glad to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait until they get here, Anna!!! So so exciting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, not much longer! I can't wait to meet your sweet babies!
    I love the open mouth picture :D

    ReplyDelete