I realize that I've had way too many posts without pictures recently! So many thoughts running through my head these last few days of being pregnant with twins, having arms that outnumber my children, and juggling only a 2 year old!
Last week I had a lot of energy. I cleaned more than usual, made bows for our hospital door (pictures to come), and planted flowers in our planters outside! I should have been doing laundry, but we had way more fun outside (and I did my 7 loads Wednesday!). I love planting flowers: coming up with combinations, their colors, and the finished product!
I know. I know. You aren't supposed to dig in dirt when you're pregnant, let alone 36+ weeks (then) pregnant; but it wasn't in the yard, and I was almost 100% sure there had not been any cats pooping in my flower pots and I sat to do most of it!
Addie apparently thought planting flowers meant digging dirt out of the flower pot using the plastic stake thingy that tells you what kind of flower you've bought! She was really sweet though and tons of fun! The only problem was that when we went to our friend Anna and Thomas' later that morning, she decided their already planted flowers needed digging in and dug out dirt around their strawberry plant! Oops! Thankfully, no permanent damage was done!
She was so excited to see the flowers! (and yes, pjs and crocs are the ideal planting attire for a 2 year old!)
This was her pot until I finally planted something in it! (she refused to look at me!!!)
You can see her digging in the dirt with the plastic stake thingy (i dont know what else to call it!).
And here is a taste of our finished product!
...and now we have flowers to welcome home the little girls!!!




I was the nerd who tried to plant flowers in my beds a month ago. everyone in Kansas City laughed at me. We still have the possibility of having a freeze here. You can't plant anything until June apparently. This city is nuts.
ReplyDeleteIt was perfectly fine! No damage and even if she had it wouldnt have mattered! Hope you are feeling "ok" today!
ReplyDelete