Sunday, June 20

Daddy's Girls

When people find out we have 3 girl, I hear more often than not, Oh your poor husband.
bIMG_9702
When we confirmed on the ultrasound that both babies were girls, the techs response was, Oh I'm sorry Daddy.
bIMG_8623 
And my response is always the same...

He wanted 3 girls!

I babysat for a sweet family with three girls. Paul kept them with me a few times when we were dating, and we stayed with them after we were married. They were sweet, sweet girls; and Paul always said to me how much he would love three girls. My response to him was always the same...well, I want 4 boys.


I cannot imagine life with little boys now (although, i know they are just as wonderful as little girls). Our life is full of pink and petals, dancing and drama, curls and cuteness. Some of it will remain the same for years to come. Other things will only be fading memories a few years from now.
bIMG_0953
I truly believe Paul is one of the best daddies I know. He is loving, kind, patient, fun, energetic, gentle, self-sacrificing, playful, and helpful. He might not like to change the babies' clothes, but he can change diapers faster than I can. To Addie, he's an amazing reader, dancer, jumper, builder, thrower, cook-er, and pretender. To the little girls, he's the best rocker, snuggl-er, bouncer, burp-er, and patter. To me...he's the best Daddy to our little girls!
bIMG_8882
 I think it takes a special man to father three girls, but I think it even takes a more special one to father 3 girls 2 and under. No, that won't be forever; but they will forever be two years apart, and the little girls will forever be twins. I know I would not be functioning without him, especially right now. He knows when I'm at my wits end and exhausted so he stays up with the girls when they can't sleep. He knows I'm never a morning person, so he gets up early with Addie each morning.
Daddy Kisses
But I think what I love the most about Paul is how he treats me. Everyday, these girls get a first hand demonstration of how they should be treated by their future husband (many, many years from now)!  No, he's not perfect, and I'm sure not either. We don't always communicate or have everything together; but bottom line, he respects and loves me unconditionally...and they will know they deserve nothing less!

Happy 1st Father's Day as a Daddy of THREE precious little girls! We love you Daddy!

(unfortunately I don't have a picture of Paul with all 3 girls at the same time...that will come once Addie decides it's ok to have her picture taken again :)

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails...And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
I Corinthians 13: 4-8a, 13

 Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her to make her holy, cleansing her by the washing with water through the word, and to present her to himself as a radiant church, without stain or wrinkle or any other blemish, but holy and blameless. In this same way, husbands ought to love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself...However, each one of you also must love his wife as he loves himself, and the wife must respect her husband.
Ephesians 5: 25-28, 33

Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right. "Honor your father and mother"—which is the first commandment with a promise—"that it may go well with you and that you may enjoy long life on the earth."Fathers, do not exasperate your children; instead, bring them up in the training and instruction of the Lord. 
Ephesians 6: 1-4

3 comments:

  1. Oh, what a dear post. Twin daddies are awesome by their very nature, and I can only imagine adding a third to the mix makes them exponentially more special.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this one about brought me to tears. the pictures speak for themselves; however, as always you speak so eloquently about them. you and your family are so blessed....and all 5 of you have been a blessing to ben and me. love you and hope you all had a wonderful, special day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful post, Anna. So sweet. Happy Father's Day to a wonderful husband and Daddy. You and your girls are very blessed.

    ReplyDelete