You might remember me mentioning that our zoo has a new baby giraffe. Ok. I did not know that a baby animal could be this cute! We went late one afternoon when Addie's Gramma was here but were told this little baby wasn't out. So back we went the next day before church to see it! Of course I left my camera at home (feeding, dressing, bibbing, buckling, walking, driving...you get the point. sometimes i'm doing good to get everyone out the door!).
So, back we went the next week because apparently this little guy stands over 5 feet now and will be over 6 feet in a month! Can you imagine your baby growing an entire 12 inches in a month? I wasn't going to miss this photo opportunity!
I'm pretty sure this little guy ran everywhere he went!
It was so strange to see how short his long neck looked proportional to his body and compared to an adult giraffe. Did that make any sense?
There were 3 other giraffes in the exhibit: what appeared to be a mother, father, and female teenage giraffe.
Scroll down this progression of pictures, watching the baby and male giraffe...
I guess if something 3x my height came after me, I'd run too! Who knew at times they only had one foot on the ground at a time while running? Is he cute or what?
Are they cute or what? ;) This was their first time in the umbrella stroller. it was so very hot outside and i just couldn't see stuffing them in their car seats under the car seat visor and creating a mini-sauna! So the umbrella stroller it was...and i think they enjoyed it!
Then these little guys totally put in a show. I just wish I had my camera set better. Look at those eyes though. Made me want to pet it for all of 2.5 seconds. I'd prefer to keep my fingers!
Of course we couldn't go without seeing the elephants. My favorite elephant visit was {here} though!
But this is the life...
And this is Audrey Kate reminding me that she does NOT like being hot. Just in case i had forgotten.
Our big girl walked a lot more this trip than any other. It was great for her to be able to hop in and out of her stroller to see things better.
She's still one of my 3 most favorite babies though!











A-MAZ-ING pictures, anna!
ReplyDeleteHey, When Walker was a baby two summers ago, I bought a little battery operated clip on fan to clip to his car seat, stroller, etc and it worked really well. I know summer is almost over. i got mine at target but i think they have better ones at those catalog places. I think they are called leaps and bounds or something like that. never mind, i found it, here is the link http://www.leapsandbounds.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=536753&cmSource=Search
ReplyDelete