Friday, July 24

Zoo Fun

(warning...lots of picture!)

We haven't been to the zoo in 2 months, and we went twice in two days.

On Tuesday we went with Mandy and Cady. The girls, who are 2 months apart, are so cute together, and Mandy and I love getting to visit!

The girls definitely have their favorite animals:

ducks (which I failed to get a picture of),

cats (any and all!)


monkeys/chimps

But my favorite is officially now the elephants:

It was a hot day! And all of a sudden, this huge elephant waded out into the water. I figured, ok, he's just going to get a good drink, but then...

...it disappeared underwater!

The sweet concerned baby elephant went running out there to make sure everything was ok!

And they played (see the big trunk over the tiny elephant!)

...until the big elephant decided to take a dive backwards into the water. They were putting on the greatest show!

But the big elephant wanted to make sure the baby was safe, so he/she herded it back to land...

...so she could do a few more backwards dives...
(THAT I MISSED because I was taking pictures of the cute baby elephant rolling in the dirt!!!)

...and scratch on a big rock!

Who knew elephants would/could dive underwater and be completely submerged! It was a great show!

Check out that beautiful blue sky!


And then on Wednesday, we decided last minute to join some friends from church at the zoo again. We enjoyed seeing the animals, but the kids (all 8 of them) had way more fun on the playground that day, while the four of us got to visit some! More playground pictures to come!

One of the boys even caught a dragonfly and was still enough for me to adjust my manual settings to get a good picture of it. Isn't it beautiful?!?

Dione even took a picture of Addie and me, something I rarely get!

Every time we go to the zoo we either discover something new (that Addie loves the playground) or see another animal/s spontaneously perform (those crazy elephants)! We're so thankful that our zoo is such a great place to visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment