Bottom line, it's been a long week; and it's only Wednesday.
The house? In a nutshell, structural engineer #1 deserves to be sued for overlooking some major structural issues in our house. Thankfully, we don't always get what we deserve; and from our end, that will be the case here. The issues are here whether he is willing to address them or not. We'll let that be on his conscience (I'm pretty sure he's not losing sleep over it though!).
The problems? A tipped pier (that will need to be jacked up back into place). Temporary piers needing replaced. Piers needing to be built around the original abandoned chimney (that connected to a wood burning stove!) because it's sinking and pulling the middle of our house down with it. Rafters above our kitchen connected to our ceiling instead of load bearing rafters (you know, rafters that prevent your roof from collapsing!). Leaky dishwasher. Braced plaster ceiling. Cracking/peeling kitchen floor. And water standing up against our house because of an improperly tilted porch causing wood to rot. Oh yeah, and mold in two closets?
Monday's stink: literally this week. Four 2 year old potty accidents (one on the sofa!). Nighttime diaper contained more than I bargained for. Tantrums that put any tantrum I ever threw as a child to shame! Crying babies. Tooting pooping bottoms that consider diaper changing time ideal for extreme production. Spit-up
Tuesday: a contractor finally showed up after trying to get him here for 4 days. there arent many options out there. at least this one showed up! the week is looking up! He'll be back sometimes this week to send some of his guys up under our house and into our attic.
Today we are visiting some fabulous friends. And the rest of the week will consist of packing up
And my mom brought me this* tonight...
*hint hint: this is what makes this post different from the rest of them!
I do...and it also pretty much sums up the way I wish I could react right now, but I am thankful that my 2 year old can outdo me on these.
I'm thankful I have a 2 year old that can out tantrum me.
I'm thankful to have a house that can fall apart.
I'm thankful I can hold my babies while they poop out their diapers and spit up down my shirt because I can hold them!
I'm thankful that Mondays end and Tuesdays begin.
I am thankful that I can write totally random posts!
I'm thankful that this too shall pass.
And I'm thankful for our God who extends grace to us on a daily basis teaching us to extend grace to others!
Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.
Hebrews 4:16



I love that you wrote, "Thankfully we don't always get what we deserve". I have a little situation on my heart that I need to extend grace to someone. I'm thankful that you shared this lesson. I'm praying for you all.
ReplyDeletep.s. That center picture of Addies melts my heart!
ReplyDelete