Thursday, November 18

6 Months

You know I'm behind when I'm over two weeks late doing the little girl's monthly post! But better late than never!
6 months
Yes, the little girls turned 6 months on November 4th. It truly is hard for me to believe it. I sorta feel like I've sat in the rocking chair either rocking or nursing for the last 6 months and just watched it fly by. Obviously that's not the case, as this blog can testify; but that doesn't lessen the fact that it's so hard to imagine that they are 6 months old, and Addie is 6 months older!
bIMG_7543
Joy. Exhaustion. 
Blessings. Challenges. 
Awe. Confusion. 
Happiness. Humor. 
Contentment. Busyness. 
Tears. Laughter.

Many times when I look at Anne Perry and Audrey Kate, I am reminded of where they were and what they went through. I think of them as daily reminders of God's grace and goodness. They are such a joy to watch as they explore and discover the world around them.
bIMG_7521
bIMG_7455
Anne Perry...

is still our little observer. She watches and takes things in.
bIMG_7529
She loves our jumpy exersaucer and loves to move when she's upright. She's not so much a fan of the floor. She's yet to roll from her back to her front, but she can sit on my hip and hold on like a little monkey. And that's her preferred location. Either on my hip or in a carrier snuggled up against me.
ap1
She loves to say dadadada and breaks your heart when she does that while crying! Her little disposition has gotten significantly more positive with much less crying now that we've started these new reflux meds. Oh what a blessing! I love seeing her little personality emerge, with sweet grins and jumpy legs. She's found a few favorite toys and plays with them intently.
bIMG_7520
Although probably a little more serious than her sister, this little girl's passion for whatever she might want (or not want) will serve her well in life! There's no doubt that she's got {demanding} determination and gusto for life!
ap2
Anne Perry's measurements:
6 months AP
weight:  17lbs 9.5oz/75th%ile (from 15 lbs 6 oz/90th%ile at 4 months)
length: 26.8 inches/75th-90th%ile (from 25.125 inches/75th%ile at 4 months)
head circumference:  44.2cm/90th%ile (from 42.4 cm/75th%ile at 4 months)

Audrey Kate...

is our little social butterfly. She loves to interact with people. She's just as much of an observer as Anne Perry but would much prefer to make eye contact and break into her little toothless grin.
bIMG_7440
She loves rolling around on the floor, and it doesn't take long for us to find her across the room from where she's started. She will be crawling before we know it! She, on the other hand, isn't so much a fan of the jumpy exersaucer. She's still pretty floppy on my hip but can tripod sit for a few seconds before toppling over.
ak
She loves to say mamamama and also breaks your heart when she does that while crying! When she's sleepy, Audrey Kate can fall asleep in about any position in any location. It's precious to feel her little body relax and realize her little head is bobbing off to dreamland.
ak2
Although probably a little more laid back than her sister, Audrey Kate has a cry that lets you know exactly how she feels! It's not heard too often, but when it is, it makes you want to scoop her up and cuddle her immediately! And quite the cuddler she is!
bIMG_7447
While both girls adore their big sister, Audrey Kate thinks Addie is simply wonderful...even after quite a few incidents involving tears on her part and time out on big sisters part. Her pretty blue eyes are much bigger when she's looking up  than they appear otherwise (no, i did not enhance or saturate their color here! and yes...i know she got featured yesterday on the blog by herself and she has one more picture here than her sister...i will make up for it ;) I love how sweet and gentle this little girl is!
bIMG_7435

Audrey Kate's measurements:
6 months AK
weight:  16lbs 8.5oz/50th-75th%ile (from 14 lbs 9 oz/75th%ile at 4 month)
length:  27.2 inches/90th%ile (from 24.875 inches/75th%ile at 4 months)
head circumference:  42.5cm/50th%ile (from 41.4 cm/50-75th%ile at 4 months)

Neither girl seems interested in sitting up. I found Addie holding Audrey Kate's hands to make her sit up the other day. The minute I said, let's not do that, she dropped her. Thump. And Audrey Kate went right on playing. So in almost every room we have two baby spots: the floor, a bumbo, a little swing, a bouncy seat, or the jumpy jump.

Both girls almost always go to sleep on their own with their lovie and paci. We might have to replace the paci a few times, but there are hardly any tears and they most often drift off to sleep quickly. Anne Perry is still demanding (and I mean demanding) that night time feeding. Audrey Kate most often goes through the night without even waking up for a paci. 

Solid foods are another story. Anne Perry pretty much sucks down anything we put on a spoon. She's got the little open mouth baby bird thing down. She loves her rice cereal mixed with anything: sweet potatoes, peas, carrots, pears, bananas and even prunes! Audrey Kate on the other hand, has been a champion nurser since her first try in the recovery room! She could take or leave this solid food thing. She makes the worst faces when she takes that first bite! She doesn't much like anything, but she really dislikes peas! We found organic baby food on serious sale a few weeks ago. So we're pulling from that right now. With the kitchen about to be dismantled, I'm waiting to make any baby food this go round. It kinda makes me sad because I enjoyed that so much with Addie; but since we only currently have about 3 weeks worth of on sale baby food, I have a feeling I'll have a chance still to make some.

As I mentioned above, Dr. B changed the girls reflux meds (after she saw AP spit up at their 6 month visit). Amazing, amazing stuff. Anne Perry hasn't been hoarse or congested and Audrey Kate is spitting up significantly less and less often! Oh so thankful!

And I leave you with the ever intelligent random musings of two 6 month olds! (because I want to post these pictures :)

AK: {observing}
AP: look what i can do.
AK: hmmmm, yes, i see 
bIMG_7484 
AP: oh look at daddy. why is he jumping around and making silly faces like that?
AK: i'm just getting comfortable here. want to come down here with me?
bIMG_7499
AK: mmmmm, yummy shoulder sis.
bIMG_7503
AP: oh look at our big sister! wow!
AK: well i'm going to look at that big round black thing in front of mommy's face.
bIMG_7500
I am so thankful for the two precious little girls God has given us. They are so different and yet so alike, and I love every ounce of each of them! We love you little girls!

2 comments:

  1. They are so cute! And both of them have the most amazing eyes :-) Beautiful pictures friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, So, So precious friend. They are beautiful gifts from God, and I am so thankful that I am close enough to get to watch them grow! What a privilege.

    ReplyDelete