Friday, March 11

FixIt Friday

I admit

I've done a pretty terrible job recently keeping everyone updated with our demolition renovation/repair project.

I guess I got a little overwhelmed.

Nevermind. I don't guess anything.

I know!

I was so thankful to finally have a stove/oven

kitchen cabinets (with doors and drawers)

then a kitchen sink 

a refrigerator

and counter tops

and finally a dishwasher and ice...

...that I took pictures and never bothered had the energy/time to post them.

But after frantically trying to put the house together for Addie's {now postponed} birthday party, it was in fact actually a blessing that it got postponed.

Because it meant that I had more time to organize, redo, rework, reorganize, get the 2nd refrigerator out of our dining room, dust, vacuum...everything!

...and, while at the time it was no fun, I'm so thankful for that!

So since I've accomplished everything {urgent!} on my to do list (ha...not!), I wanted to give you a quick update:

our Laundry Area (housed in our master bath and the closest to a laundry room I'll have in this house...and i LOVE it!)

the progression from a wasted, empty space to a fully functioning laundry area
laundry
As you can see, the cabinet is the newest addition (ok, and a little dry wall and a door/door frame).

This custom built cabinet (because in a 83 year old house, everything is now custom!) has four deep shelves on top and a pull out shelf in the middle.
bIMG_1391
Why on the earth would I need that?

To put my laundry basket on as I dump clothes from the dryer into it...several times a day! Much easier than one on a floor with the dryer being stacked on top of the washer.

And then there's the sorting drawer (aka: dirty clothes hamper). It's nothing if not heavy, but it is placed on two sets of pulls on either side of it, which can apparently now "hold" up to 200 lbs.
bIMG_1393
No, I hope I will never have 200 lbs of laundry (although it looks like it from this picture), but it's very useful when it's the perfect height for little ones to hang.
bIMG_1392
There's priming and painting still to do...

...but it is in fact a fully functioning laundry room area.

And even though I've seriously threatened to make everyone wear the same thing for three straight days and stop the crazy buildup of laundry so I can catch up,

I'll just keep sorting and washing and drying and hanging and folding and putting away...

...and be seriously thankful for every last bit of it!

2 comments:

  1. This looks AMAZING!!! I certainly haven't been jealous of all the work y'all have had to do, but I'm WAY jealous of the results!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, wow!! At least you have some completely incredible custom cabinets to reward you for everything you have been through. Those are awesome!

    ReplyDelete