I hated shots as a child and remember a least one fit I threw (which I don't even think touches the fit I heard another little girl throw today!) What's ironic is that I gave myself over 75 shots in order to help us "get" Addie here! I guess I've overcome my fear of needles!
I survived shots as a child; we survived the 1st four of Addie's at 2 months; we will survive the 2nd four at 4 months; but I cannot guarantee that any of us will survive the next 16 she will take by the time she's 2...
Ok, ok. I'm being ridiculous, I know. I know the illnesses that these vaccines are preventing are FAR worse than putting my child through not just painful sticks but the fever and tears that follow...but it sure doesn't feel like it right now!
On a more realistic and happy note: Addie weighs a little over 16 lbs (up from 12.5 at 2 months) and is still in the 95th%ile. She is 26 inches long/tall (up from 24.5 at 2 months) but down to the 95th%ile instead of off the charts :) But...that's 3 inches away from "time for a new big girl car seat" :/ oh my!
We also found out she has a bit of acid reflux…which didn’t surprise us; but we are thankful for good drugs! We will start some rice cereal soon, and then it’s on to the vegis!
Slow down Little Bit! Again I ask the question...is there a "pause" or "slow" button somewhere?!?!?

I totally understand. One trick I learned is to give her tylenol before the appointment, and then keep it on board for the first 12-24 hours. Then they don't have the fever to deal with as much. I too went through tons of shots to get my little one here-it's amazing what we will do when we are fighting for life. I would do it all over again if I had to.
ReplyDelete