So...what on the earth is this? It's "Not Me!" Monday!!!
So...here's my "Not Me" Monday post. It will be NOTHING compared to what I've read on other blogs, but none the less, it is great "therapy."
I did not spend 15 minutes trying to get out the door this afternoon! I did not drop my entire diaper bag and partial contents on the floor. I did not forget the "going green" bags and have to come back inside. I did not just keep going the 2nd time my child spit up all over me without bothering to clean it up. I did not spend 5 minutes looking for my phone in all the wrong places and finally come back inside again only to find it in my purse. And I did NOT place my daughter in the push back chair to "sit" while I searched for my phone and allow her to fall over (not off!!!) onto the monitor before I picked her back up. I certainly didn't have to turn the alarm on/off twice before finally leaving. I definitely did not get everything OUT to the car, IN the car, and go to put my CHILD in her car seat only to realize I'd left her car seat inside. I'm not that unorganized and scatter brained and mildly ADD...nope, NOT ME!
I did not recently Google "breast cancer ribbon" frantically searching for a picture of an example to smock on my daughters dress. I could not be so naive as to wonder why I had to cover the screen in still attempting the "decent" search then accidentally download a trojan virus to my mom's computer! NOT ME!
My daughter is certainly not still sleeping in the pack in play in our room almost 2 weeks after the pipe on the other side of her wall was repaired because I cancelled the repair man last week and haven't been able to reschedule him. And I am not using one end of Addie's bed to dump clean laundry in and the other end to change her diapers in because the cat has decided to take up permenant residence on her changing table! Nope, NOT ME!
I did not sleep for almost 3 hours on Sunday because I had stayed up past 2am the nights before. NOT ME!
I did not just spend almost 2 hours helping my husband clean out his car so we could sell it for a mere $500. I did not find half empty mountain dew bottles, moldy lunch containers that would put any science experiment to shame, McDonald's cups, enough paper to create a well stocked notebook, a dog leash that'd been chewed in half...but only the top half of it, 2 thermoses, an oriental rug and a Homer Simpson Chia Pet. NOT ME!
I did not find a shoe I've been looking for for probably 3 years now in said car. But I most certainly had not held onto the single shoe for 3 years hoping the other one would turn up through a move and selling two cars because it was one of my all time favorites. NOT ME!
Now, leave a comment here about what you "did not" do in the past week or so! And click the link below and go on over to MckMama's blog and get a good laugh out of some of the things we've probably all done but never been willing to admit!
and an oriental rug and a Homer Simpson Chia pet??? Too funny! I'm just bein' nosy and visiting your blog through MckMama's. :o)
ReplyDeleteHi friend! I loved reading your blog, as usual. What kind of cloth diapers did you guys decide to use? We are loving ours!
ReplyDeleteOh, and I DID NOT start walking out to my car after school today only to remember my expressed breast milk in the fridge of the women's center...oh the joys!
i did not burn caroline's lunch while i was reading about what you did not do...
ReplyDeleteummm how about I did not let my child run around for days with a slight limp before taking her to the dr. to find out her foot was BROKEN!
ReplyDeleteNOT ME!!
More of a minor note, I did not have a spend-fest at Publix last week on groceries, only to weasel out of actually cooking dinner at all this week ;)
i love you! You are such a blessing to me!!