so what do these things have in common? Tuesday
Tires: Paul got a flat tire while I was in Kentucky. It didn't much matter then because he could drive my car (and with all the rain, it was good that he didn't have to change a tire). So on "labor" day, he got out in the heat and changed his tire, realizing that the belt was showing (meaning to us who don't change tires: he needs a new one). That means at least 2 tires (because they don't usually just replace one). WELL...given that Paul drives a 1998 Buick Regal (bought 5 years ago to put miles on going back and forth to Auburn when we were in grad school), we decided we'd better get it checked out to see if it was even WORTH putting new tires on. (more about this later)
Teeth: Addie is definitely getting teeth. They are outlined on her gums, she's drooling more than usual, chewing on her tongue, fingers, and lovey (and anything else she can get in her mouth) more than usual, pulling at her ears, refusing to eat, and being cranky as all get out! It's the pulling at the ears that worried me (and the refusing to eat), having been on a plane and wanting to avoid the huge number of ear infections that I had as a child. So we head to visit the pediatrician. Clear ears and a clear throat! Yeah...but the pediatrician said she would have made me come in anyway given Addie's symptoms, so it wasn't a wasted trip. Bottom line, she's more attune to her surroundings (the nursing strike (test #1) and she's getting teeth (test #2). Ahhh...thank goodness for Tylenol and Teething Tablets
Toes: Not our toes, my mom's dog's toes. Really their toenails. They needed clipping. So after dropping Paul off at the doctor (remember, we're down to one car because his is being checked out), I go to my mom's to get her dogs. Long, long story short...they are running around the neighbors yard. They had broken out of the fence and were having the time of their lives! After wrangling them into the car (test #3), I take them to the vet (test #4). As I'm attempting to tell my mom what all is going on, I'm carrying on a conversation with the dogs: "sit", "no", "off", "sydney root", "no ma'am", "austen wamsted root", "i told you no", "quit slobbering on me", "you're in big trouble!" ...you have to understand, these dogs like to stand with their front two feet on the center console of the car panting and throwing slobber all over you (part of test #4). We get to the vet, and I cant figure out how to hold both dogs and get Addie out (without them ripping my arm off), so I put them BACK in the car, get Addie out, get them back out, and Sydney pulls her leash out of my hand. So I'm carrying Addie and the diaper bag, Austen is dragging me, and I'm trying desperately to step on Sydney's leash to stop her (because I can't lean down to grab it!) Thank goodness the vet tech saw me coming and came to my rescue. Successful nail clippings (no pottying on the floor). We head back to my moms to this:
So instead of getting to stay outside, they were banned to their crate!
Tires (part 2): As I'm checking out at the grocery store (in between Addie and Paul's doctor appointments), I get the call. It's about Paul's car. The list: the engine and transmission need to be flushed out (to the tune of $300), there's a crack in something (the engine block, I think), the windows no longer roll up/down, the breaks are bad...and to top it off, it doesn't just need 2 new tires, it needs FOUR! Ummmm...I don't think so. (test #5)
So...in order not to pick up another car payment, we're considering sticking with one car for a while. We did it once before (yes, without a baby), so we're giving it a trial run. Paul's even considering riding the bus or getting a bike (we'll see about that!).
Anyway...since this blog IS about Addie...
I thought this was a cute picture of her (after her doctors visit, grocery store, and vet run as I'm banning the dogs to their crate!):
Very clever little post! You have to write a book sometime...you're so witty, and somehow you make every little thing so enjoyable to read!! :-)
ReplyDeleteo goodness anna!
ReplyDeleteaddie keeps getting cuter and cuter!
james is a drooling and chewing on everything...it is such a mess!
keep us posted on the teeth. hope she is starting to nurse better--that is no fun!
what type of teething tablets do you use...james might need some!