I haven't done an update recently on what she does/likes/etc. So here goes:
Words:
Mama, Dada, Rie Rie (WeeWee), Bye bye, dog (yells it!), cat, fish, tree, ball, what's that, no, yeah, uh oh (for everything, including things she throws on the ground herself!), and pure and simple jibber jabber all the time!
She waves, will sometimes blow kisses, and points like there's no tomorrow! Loves to clap her hands. Her basic signs continue to be: more, please (her own version), no (shakes her head), hot (finger in mouth and blows out a little), food, and drink. I just ordered Baby Signing Time (from half.com) at my friend Kelly's recommendation and can't wait for it to get here!
Knows that the dog says "woof woof" (if you say woof woof, she screams dog!)
Favorite songs: Where is Thumbkin?, Bumping Up and Down in My Little Red Wagon, Aikendrum (Raffi), Going to the Zoo, Itsy Bitsy Spider, If You're Happy and You Know It, anything (everything) from Praise Baby. If you ask her what song she wants to sing, she'll shake her head no until you say the one she wants and then signs please!
Walking?
Nope, not yet! She's taking several steps more frequently moving from one thing to the other. But why walk when you can crawl so fast!?!
Teeth: 4 bottom front, 4 top front, bottom left molar, and possibly the top left molar is finally breaking through.
Sleeps on her tummy with her legs and arms tucked up underneath her with her little bottom in the air and head in the corner of her crib from about 7:30pm-5/5:30am. (whoohoo!)
Things she does:
- Gives sweet (slobbery) kisses but just to Mommy and Daddy!
- Reads books (the same books over and over and if you don't pick the book she wants, she shakes her head no and kicks her legs!)
- Helps me load/unload the dishwasher and dryer
- Dumps toys out from/puts toys back in boxes or her wagon
- Snaps her large blocks together (and takes them apart)
- Climbs up her slide going the wrong direction to stand on the top and attempt to swing her leg over the side (dare devil!). She'll also sit down, turn around and either go down the slide head first on her tummy or throw her legs over the edge of the shelf and get down!
- Climbs up steps, anywhere and everywhere (scary!)
- Drags her lady bug (that her Daddy calls a beetle) all over the house
- "Loves on" things (post to come)
- Look at herself (and dances) in the mirror
- Brushes her own teeth (after we brush them 1st of course!)
- Eats, eats, eats anything and everything (except cottage cheese)
- Grabs hold of my pants (or legs), pulls up, and begs to be held!
- Socks!
- Bath time!
- Raffi!!! (post to come)
- Sand and beach
- Grass
- Zoo and the park
- Balls and blocks
- Baby doll and new purse from Nana
- Buttons that do something (tv on/off or front of the computer that light up)

Here are a few words that we think describe our baby girl: happy, joyful, sweet, gentle, active, mover, climber, daring, creative, silly, dramatic, serious, intense, demanding, communicative, talker, musical, curly headed, growing, teething, cuddler, loving, and the biggest blessing that we could have ever imagined!





YAY!! I just read your comment and rushed over to your blog. I love it! I cannot believe that we moved sometimes. I really think that Addie and Bennett would be the best of friends- when they weren't getting into trouble that is. :-) She is absolutely precious, Anna, and I think that you are an amazing Mom. And believe me, Addie will be in bows before Bennett so I will be jealous from afar. Happy 14 months, sweet Addie.
ReplyDeleteJust precious!! LOVE the pictures! I am so amazed at how she does so well with you taking her picture! My two both boycotted my camera like crazy. It always was so frustrating to get a great shot of them without it being truly candid. We have both Vol 1 & 2 of Baby Signing Times and they are the best! Katelyn signed a lot but Owen has no interest whatsoever but too it was probably because I had so much more time with Katelyn than with the second. If you like Volume 1 and would like to see the other just let me know! :) I'll probably consign them in the Fall.
ReplyDeleteAnna,
ReplyDeleteShe is such a beautiful baby! I love her blue eyes with her dark hair and I've never noticed her adorable little curls before. Are they new? I know what you mean about where does time fly. Addie and Walker are almost 1 month apart and I feel like it was yesterday that we were celebrating his first birthday and now he's 13 months old. I also can tell you that if you think time flies for the first baby, it goes even faster for the 2nd. sniff sniff! Your blog is so cute and you are very talented.
This little jumper/sundress was so easy to make and easy to smock. Since I smocked front and back, I never did anything too fancy. It's so much fun to see your little one in your dresses.
ReplyDelete