Paul, Addie, and I went to Augusta last weekend for a visit. I'm a little late on posting these though. By the time we got home, Addie had a fever and kept it through Monday. Great by Tuesday, except for a runny nose. And tonight, exactly a week later, after many tears and desperate pleas for cuddle time, I took her temperature again. Same low-grade temp. We're going to the doctor tomorrow!
Anyway...
...like everywhere else in the southeast, there was lots of rain! We'd spent the night at Addie's Grandpa's Friday night, where she immediately discovered the fish. She would take him by the finger and drag him into the other room to see the fish! It was too cute! Although I'm sure the fish tank has now been thoroughly windexed, I think her little fingerprints remained at least until we left ;) Besides the fish, she really enjoyed having Grandpa read to her. Check out that face in the bottom left picture...clearly she was making her elephant sound! :)
After the rain let up on Saturday, we headed out for lunch. I spent all of 2 minutes snapping a few pictures (literally, I checked the time stamps). I got lucky this time! I used these for her 18 month pictures, but I loved these two also. I think Grandpa will too!
We then headed to the Arts in the Heart of Augusta with Addie's Gramma to see one of their friends dance. Addie loved those dancers, but she loved the African dancers best of all. They had drums and danced faster and with more passion than anyone we'd ever seen! She was enthralled! But wow was it hot and humid! Too hot and humid for me to bother to take pictures of the dancers!
I took all of 5 pictures at the festival, because we spent most of our time chasing Addie!
I finally put my foot down after she almost rolled down a hill (which would have landed her on a sidewalk, not just at the bottom of a grassy area), and she could either: ride in the stroller, be held, or walk and hold hands! She chose to walk and hold Mama's hand, so there went the picture taking!
Sunday morning brought more rain, but Addie's Gramma's front porch is a perfect place to take pictures. It was early, so Gramma wasn't up to having pictures taken of her; but we'll do some of that when she visits us soon. I did get a few fun ones of Addie (because she had been up since 4am raring to go! by the time we got home, she had a fever; so that explained it).
Does she look like she's getting into mischief here or what...?!?!?
She sat and sat on this step until I got in a place where I could take pictures. Then all she wanted to do was sit in my lap or break leaves off the plant. Oh well...
I know she's mine, and I know I'm biased; but I sure do love these eyes!










well, she's not mine, but i sure do love those eyes, too (although i'm also probably a bit biased!) :-)
ReplyDeleteand those pictures of her in front of the door are some of my favorites...ever.
Love the pictures! She is just too gorgeous!! Can't wait to see you! And...YYYAAAAAYY...for today!! Just had to say it! Love you bunches!- J.M.
ReplyDelete