Sunday, September 20

Doubtful Withdrawal

I'm sure some of you have gone into extreme withdrawal from originally reading posts almost everyday to me pushing it to post twice a week. Ha! I've been accused of being delusional, but I'm not that delusional! I have started to miss it though!

This is quite possibly the most random post I've ever done. Maybe.

Part of the reason that I've been such a blog slacker not been posting as frequently everyday is because I've been on a mission. I have an excuse. You may remember this post where I talked about all the cleaning out that's been going on around here. Spring Fall cleaning.

So I'm sure you're just itching to know what we've been doing...?

You know about the coat/suitcase closet, the kitchen junk drawer, and the guest bedroom closet.

but I finally finished our closet:
bIMG_5539
and then hit that hall closet: it went from looking like this...
bIMG_5445
to this...
moving promptly to the pantry where we were forced to put everything in sealed, air-tight, containers (even the factory sealed bags of crackers and chips!)
bIMG_5504
and I mentioned the storage shed earlier...
bIMG_5531
which all create a lot of give-away to pack up and ship off!
bIMG_5508
We've taken no less than 10 bags and 2 boxes to Faith Rescue. The only problem with all this cleaning out: I've lost one shoe from two different pairs of shoes that I wanted to keep. I'm afraid they are long gone. :/

And then there's the other stuff...
I went through Addie's clothes and put many away, thus leaving a pile of coat hangers that someone decided to drag to the hall and play with. We buy her toys why?
bIMG_5499
Then we went through and labeled clothes for Addie's cousin:
bIMG_5520
of course the vacuum cleaner decided to start screaming at us. but i took it apart, cleaned it out, and replaced the belt. good as knew.
bIMG_5529
and then there's the ice maker that had plenty of ice in it but refused to spit any out. the gears were frozen. imagine that. nothing a little hot water and dry cloth can't fix. done!

but this tops the weirdest disaster in our house so far--we heard this huge crash and finally found this:
bIMG_5484
the light fixture in Addie's room mysteriously fell from the ceiling. no one injured! i cant remember the last time we changed this light bulb...so it wasnt due to recent human error at least!

We finally took down the wall that had been soaked due to the leaking flashing around the stone chimney. We took out 2.5 buckets of rotted, moldy sheet rock, plaster, and wood lath that had turned to excellent mulch for our gardens. We threw it in the trash. I sure don't need mold in my flower beds...now do I! Why i didn't take a picture of the hole in the wall, I'll never know!

And the microwave went out Friday. That'll be the cheapest appliance we have to replace anytime soon! :)

So that's been our eventful last few weeks. I have several posts in the works that are, I hope, far more interesting than this!

Hope you have a WONDERFUL week!

2 comments:

  1. Okay, so now that I see why I haven't heard from you recently I'll stop being an Eeyore and taking it personally :) LOVE the swing pics of Addie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you get the urge to clean/organize anything else, feel free to come share your sorting/labeling gifts at our house. Also, I have crocheted hangers like yours. My Memommy used to make them and they are precious to me.

    ReplyDelete