Sunday, October 11

Blessings

Reality check: twins means two of a lot of things.

Two cribs

Two infant car seats

Two high chairs

Two booster seats

Two bouncy seats (got it!)

Two swings (got it!)

Two shopping cart covers (got it!)

Double strollers to add to a single stroller

Oh...and two more babies!

We knew this going into the fertility treatments. We knew this once we found out we were pregnant. We really knew this once we found out we were having twins.

And the reality has set in: We've got to start searching for these big things now!

Thankfully I have the best friends in the world who know how to shop on a dime. Well, on a few dimes.

I've never hesitated to go to yard sales. I've gotten some of the best deals for the best stuff for Addie at these yard sales. Gear. Clothes. Toys. It's finding the right ones though and knowing how to shop! That's where those awesome friends come in!

I passed up the $40 Baby Einstein exersaucer and the PegPerego highchair for $45. I could buy a decent new one for that! Both excellent deals. But we're talking yard sale here people!

I went ahead and figured out the percents. I hate discussing money...but this is just too amazing not to share!

So here's the loot...
Rocker Glider with foot stool: 80% off
Boppy: 86% off
Picnic Table for Addie: 90% off
Play Gym for babies: 97% off (I kid you not!)
Parents magazine drum set: 83% off

After I left, Diane and her mom found these!
Combi Twin stroller: 83% off
Kolcraft highchair: 70% off

We have a friend who's giving us their Graco double stroller (the kind that the infant car seats can lock into). So that'd be 100% off! We found a Graco Snugride infant car seat online for 20% off (new). We found Addie's crib online for almost 45% off of what it's retailing for now. It's really gone up since we bought it for Addie!

And then there's the car. I'll post more about it later. Long story short: 3 car seats can fit across the middle seat. It's not a mini-van. And our monthly payments are significantly lower than we expected!

I have 3 words for you again. God is good!!!

Amazingly good! All the time!

Morning sickness might be doubled with twins, but so is God's goodness!

"And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus. To our God and Father be glory for ever and ever. Amen."
Philippians 4:19-20

1 comment:

  1. Wow...you are doing great.....I have 2 extra Graco safeseat bases....it helps having 4...I was wanting to sale them and can make you a great deal....some things you really don't have to have 2 of...and some thing you MUST have 2 of!!! Please let me know if I can be of any help!!!!

    ReplyDelete