Don't get me wrong...when I was in the hospital, Addie was in the best of care with my mom and Paul. A whole lotta love and consistency. That's what she needed then and that's exactly what she got!
Since we've been home, we've kept her with people she sees on at least a weekly basis: Mandy and Cady, DiDi, my mom, or with us. It's paid off. I felt selfish at first about it; but watching her turn back into our happy, fairly easy going, energetic little girl has been worth it! She's obeying more. She's throwing far fewer tantrums. She responds to us like she used to.
And for her resilience, I am grateful.
But it doesnt make it any easier that I can't bend over and pick her up. I can't sit on the edge of the tub and bathe her. I haven't changed a diaper in over a week, probably longer (ok, so I haven't missed that!). And worst of all, I cant go scoop her up out of the bed and cuddle with her.
But she's the very best medicine. She gets me up in the morning by running in and yelling Mommy! Mommy! Mommy! Hi, Mommy! She demands to get Up! on the bed and then promptly demands to see my Owie! Owie! More owie! Then she blows on it? She hasn't had enough owies in her short life to know that you blow on them...but she does! Sweet thing. And then she promptly finds a way off the bed, sometimes landing on her bottom on the floor exclaiming, Whoa, Addie! (where'd she get that?)
I listened to her read herself a book tonight: Millie Moo. Baby jibber jabber followed by an elephant sound. Baby jibber jabber followed by a monkey sound. Baby jibber jabber followed by a bear sound. Baby jibber jabber followed by a fish sound. Baby jibber jabber followed by something I couldn't understand. Baby jibber jabber followed by Moooooooo! She's started reading an opposite book: up/down, young/old, short/long, day/night, awake/sleep, and wet/dry. My mom taught her that. I cannot lie. She came to the hospital reading it! I mean, clearly, I know she's not reading...but she is!
And it's hard because all I can do is watch. But I'm thankful. Because I can watch. And she can crawl up in my lap and wake me up in the morning. And she still has a mommy!
And for that, I am thankful. God is good. He keeps providing for our family over and over again. Financially. Care for me and Addie. Food and more food! Flexibility with Paul's job. We are so blessed and so thankful!
And besides Addie being the very best medicine, we have these little ones:
Who you can hardly see on these ultrasounds...but their heartbeats were perfect. Little hands rubbing a face. Wiggling like little fish. Legs kicking. Healthy. Little. Miracles!
And the incision no longer matters. And the fact that I hate food right now doesn't matter. And not being able to hold Addie no longer matters. Because all of that is temporary.
But our family will forever be the very best medicine!
--------------------------------------------
A few quick praises and prayer requests:- Praise! My staples are out! I feel so much...more flexible? I don't know. They were holding me together pretty tightly, so I can move (and sleep) easier! Now I'm being held together by tape...reassuring, huh? (oh, and the 2 layer of sutures under the skin!)
- Praise! Addie and Paul both seem to be adjusting to this new normal, slowly but surely.
- Praise! For God's provisions! Period. All of them!
- Request: continued rest for all of us. This last week took it flat out of our family. God has provided me with a lot of rest, but Paul really needs some down time. Pray that he will have some in the next few days!
- Request: continued health of the twins. They look fabulous right now, but we are all too aware of the possibilities of problems due to my emergency or just for twins in general. Please pray for full term, healthy babies!
Thank you all again for your sweet words of encouragement and many prayers! God has used each one of you in mighty ways to minister to our family in one way or another! Thank you for being His hands and a feet! Have a wonderful week!


SO glad the babies looked wonderful today and so glad that you are a little more comfortable with no staples. Great talking to you last night! Keep getting better. And I'm praying for all of you!
ReplyDeleteYou are such an inspiration to me! In a time of absolute craziness, you recognize God's hands and His heeling. You are a blessing to me and a wonderful example of giving praise in every situation. Love to all of you and continued prayers and praises!
ReplyDeleteditto Amber!
ReplyDeleteKeep it up, I can't imagine how hard this has all been for you! Next time we are in Montgomery visiting the in-laws, I really would love to stop by. I will let you know whenever that is (obviously might be a while now!).
Hang in there, my friend. We are praying for you and love you. Addie sounds like she is handling this so well and is so happy to have her Mommy home.
ReplyDeleteHang in there, my friend. We are praying for you and love you. Addie sounds like she is handling this so well and is so happy to have her Mommy home.
ReplyDelete