Monday, October 5

Seeing Double...?

Ok...I know with me hinting that we "had some news" that many of you probably guessed what it might be. But did you really guess it was this...?
twinsannouncementaddiepart
twinsannouncement
I am officially 8 weeks pregnant...with twins! They say the pregnancy symptoms are double with twins, and I'm here to tell you that I believe it! We got to see the sweet babies heartbeatS again today, and they measured 7wks and 3days today!!!

God has already blessed us immensely with these miracles. Baby B started out 2 weeks behind Baby A. We were told, at barely 6 weeks, that one or both might not make it. We know that reality all too well. We had some precious prayer warriors fervently praying for a solid week for these babies. The next week (last Monday), they were measuring only a day apart! Perfect grace, I say! He continues to show that His hand is on us throughout this process.

So there's our news! Addie is going to be a big sister...times two! I remember being at the pumpkin patch last year and watching Diane and Tim have to fork over an arm and a leg to get a family of 4 in! I looked at them and said that we were sticking to our ONE! Um...Wamsted, party of 5 (not 4...5!). We may have to give up the pumpkin patch once they get over the age of two, otherwise, we'll be saving for months to go there!

Being pregnant with twins is dramatically different than being pregnant with one. We ask that you pray for Paul, me (and my sanity) and Addie (for some reason, she decided to act like she turned two last week!); but even more, we plead with you to pray for these babies. The risks are higher. The gestation is shorter. And have I mentioned...there are TWO of them? :)

Here's our ultrasound from today!
(i didn't get a chance to photoshop the color on this one, but here are our babieS!)

We love you all and can't wait to share more of this journey with you!

22 comments:

  1. Oh Anna! That is wonderful news! SO EXCITED FOR YOU GUYS! Addie will be a wonderful big sister!

    :) Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I am glad it is officially out now! Our God is great! Love you and still praying for these sweet babies! Their "aunt" nita cannot wait to meet them! Love you!

    Anita

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!!!! That is such exciting news! Congrats to y'all and you are in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YIPPEE!!! I'm so excited that everybody knows now! I almost let it slip with Rebekah when I was talking to her the other day...I know she'll be excited to find out through your adorable blog announcement. :-)
    I love you, and I love those TWO precious babies.
    Still praying,
    allison

    ReplyDelete
  5. You definately shocked me! Many congratulations and prayers headed your way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. CONGRATULATIONS!!! wow, you are going to have your hands full!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMGoodness! That's SO exciting! Congratulations!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. anna...
    so excited for you!!! i can tell you are such a wonderful mom...what a blessing for all of you!!
    cant wait to keep up with all THREE of your kids!
    addie is getting so big! glad to hear she is already acting two...so is james!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so stinkin' excited. I can't wait to see you guys!!! let me know if you need anything. I'm a little further away but you know I'd be there in a heartbeat. Congratulations....I will be praying. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay!!!!!!!! I am so super excited!!! Double the blessings! I'll be praying for your two sweet miracles as well as you, Paul and Addie! I had chills as I read your precious news!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so excited for all of you... and twins.... my goodness! Congratulations! We still must get together so our girls can meet each other. Will be praying for those most precious blessings! Love, Ryan

    ReplyDelete
  12. WHAT!!??? that's so awesome! congratulations to you & paul, and many prayers for you, too! : )
    love you sweetie- and maybe you should save the shipping costs on the 2AM miracle for your next pumpkin patch excursion? : )
    rachel

    ReplyDelete
  13. Woo Hoo!! Love Addie in her big sister shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations!!! What a fun way to share your news! Praying for your family and the babies!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What wonderful news - your Virginia cousins (and aunt and uncle) are so excited for all five of you! Take good care of everyone! xoxo Laura and Dennis

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yay, yay, yay. I cannot wait for those precious angels to get here so that I can love on them. Cady is going to love helping Addie with the real baby "dolls" :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've tried to explain to Kira that she will have TWO new baby cousins - she'll actually be the older one. She doesn't quite get it, but boy are we excited!!! Love to you, Paul, and Addie!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats! That is wonderful news. This is Jennifer (Rena's sister in law). She sent me your blog address and I just love your blog. Your Addie is so precious!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congratulations!!
    Allison shared your wonderful news with me this afternoon and sent me your blog address so I could see your precious announcement for myself. Your cup surely runneth over with joy!
    May God bless you with a totally uneventful pregnancy!
    Mary Crouch

    ReplyDelete
  20. Praise God From Whom All Blessings Flow!!! CONGRATULATIONS!! WHAT A TREMENDOUS BLESSING!!! You all are in our prayers... can't wait to share in your joy!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Twins?!?! Oh. My. Word! Congratulations!!!! So happy for you!! Prayers going up for you all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Woohoo! I am so excited for you guys! Sorry I'm a little late in posting this--I saw your update on Facebook and realized I had a lot of catching up to do! Praying for you girl!

    ReplyDelete