Monday, October 12

Not Me! Monday


I have not done a Not Me! Monday in a long time, but not because I'm lacking in the Not Me! category!

I did not forget to pay our gas bill last month! I did not use the excuse of finding out we were having twins. I'd never make excuses for my forgetfulness!

I did not take the firm banana and give the soft one to Addie! I'd never take the best from my child. I mean...unless it meant preventing me from gagging!

My diet over the last week has not primarily consisted of ginger ale, popsicles, bananas, apple sauce, egg sandwiches, grapes, random italian and mexican food, sherbert, water, and ginger cookies. I'd never eat that unhealthy, especially when I'm pregnant! I mean...unless I'm just attempting to stop losing weight and start gaining it!

I did not finally agree to take Zofran, an anti-nausea drug. I did not hesitate just because I wasn't throwing up and was only nauseous 24/7. My nurse did not tell me I could eat virtually anything I wanted in order to get the much needed calories, including pancakes for supper! I am not so thankful that I already feel better, but I am not refusing to believe that I am getting sicker every day.

I am not already showing, and I'm certainly not already getting out of breath when I move too quickly. I'm not in impeccable shape, but I'm certainly not in this bad of shape. I did not just read that I'm supposed to gain 24 lbs by 24 weeks. I hardly gained 25 pounds the entire pregnancy with Addie. I am not in denial and thrilled at the same time! I did not also read that I will need to drink 2 gallons of water a day in the third trimester. Um...that's 2 milk jugs full of water...every day! Twins are so different!

I did not drop my phone in a glass of apple juice top first, have nothing to dry it off with, and decide to use my shirt and pants! I did not pray the whole time as it was starting up that it would please be ok! I am not ecstatic that it is!!!

I have not once again been sick most of the weekend. I did not forget some of the not-so-pleasant side effects of being pregnant. I have not been reminded of most of them this past week.

Addie is not getting taller, saying more words, and basically growing faster every day. I do not love every moment that I have with her (I so do!), and it's not been hard for me to let others care for her as I've felt so sick. I am not (oh but I am) so thankful for my husband, my mom, and our sweet friend Mandy (Cady's mom) who have all helped me with Addie over the past week. I certainly do not have the best husband in the world, who changed all 5 poopy diapers that Addie had yesterday!

And I think that's enough Not Mes! for now! It's 8:30, and I'm seriously contemplating going to bed because at least I'm not nauseous when I sleep! :)

What have you not done these past few weeks! Make sure to check out MckMama's blog for more Not Me! Mondays! Have a great Monday!

1 comment:

  1. Hey....I did "not" gain 70 lbs with my twins....wait...oh YES I DID!!! Hang in there girl!!!

    ReplyDelete