Thursday, January 1

Enrolled!

Well...I did it (the week before Christmas, that is). Addie is now officially enrolled in Mother's Morning Out. It wasn't that I was hesitant about doing it. I knew exactly where I wanted her to be...it was just the timing.

When Addie was first born, I got a lot of pressure to "just leave her" (with whomever, in the nursery, etc.). Again, it wasn't that I wouldn't ever leave her...it was just the timing! I knew that when I was ready that I'd be ready...and it would be before she was five (or walking or even talking)! For those of you wondering; yes, I have left her...many times now! I know the importance of having children interact with others besides us! BUT...I also know a mother should heed her intuition.

So...I'll get off my virtual soapbox and back to Mother's Morning Out. A local church has an excellent preschool program from 1-3 days a week that goes all the way up to a 5 day kindergarten. They have an outstanding reputation, but it's an incredibly difficult program to get in unless you're enrolled early on. (like parents wait in lines for hours to get in their Pre-K 4 classes!) Well...we're in and now we have early enrollment for next year (and the next and the next)! For the remainder of this school year, Addie will go one day a week for 3 hours (with the option of staying longer for lunch bunch).

I met her teachers the Tuesday before Christmas (although I knew one from when I was in the youth group there) and got to see Addie's little big classroom. It's actually the only class where there's an opening! So Addie will start on January 7th!

Perfect timing!!!


Oh...and Happy New Year! :)

1 comment:

  1. We were there before me moved obviously. They would have been in the same class. :-( You will LOVE it there. They are the nicest people and we couldn't have been happier.

    ReplyDelete