Alrighty all you Mommies out there! I've done several Mommy Polls through email in the past: Baby things you can't live without. Car seats. Favorite toys. Sleep habits. Now we're at another stage: finger foods.
So my questions:
What healthy finger foods did you start out feeding your baby?
What healthy foods do you now feed your toddler?
How did you manage portion size, storage (apples do not save), and variety?
Answers to any or all of the questions would be much appreciated! Feel free to leave a comment with any tips you might have!
Hey Anna,
ReplyDeleteThanks for your help on posting pictures. I'll give that a shot and see what happens. Edward is not so sure about all the riding toys that he got. Sometimes he sit him on one and push him around the house. Most of the time, he pushes the buttons to hear the music and dances or pushes the toy himself. As for finger foods, Gerber makes diced pears, apples and carrots that I put out for him and he loves them.
Great question! Since we're following along behind you in the food category I look forward to reading the responses. So far the only finger food we've given Cady is organic cheerios.
ReplyDeletehey anna!
ReplyDeleteso excited to see comments on this posts!!
just when you have it figured out...its time for a new stage!!!
here are some of my little ones' favorites:
ReplyDeletegrapes (cut in quarters for Izzy), multi-grain cheerios, cheese, whole wheat bread, bananas (really ripe and cut in half for Izzy), cottage cheese and yogurt (they're not big fans of cottage cheese by itself, but if I put a little flavored yogurt in it, they shovel it in!), raisins, applesauce (w/ no added sugar), quaker chewy bars (izzy doesn't get those quite yet b/c of the peanut issue), canned peas/diced carrots, whole wheat tortilla w/ shredded cheese melted on it (cut into small pieces), and just about any fruit God put on this earth! i'm not a huge fan of the pre-packaged finger foods b/c they're usually super-processed and loaded w/ starch.
in terms of portions and storage...with the three of them, i just split whatever i'm making between them. i can't really remember what i did when it was just abby (sad...that was only four years ago!)
we have a couple of yucky noses around here right now, so could you get together next week (or later this week if everyone clears up)?
sorry for the novel...lots of food to talk about!
love you,
allison
wholesomebabyfoods.com has everything i did for caroline... but allison mentioned them all! : )
ReplyDeletea little squirt of lemon juice helps keep fresh fruits fresh longer!
love you!
rachel
and on another note... julia is starting solids now. WHAT??? how is it possible that she's old enough to eat real food? so sad... but a little less difficult this time around because i know how to make everything!
ReplyDeleteI love this post idea!!! Since I am on my third child, I've gotten a pretty extensive list of finger foods (in my opinion, just about anything can be one!), but I am always excited to get new ideas!!!
ReplyDeleteSome of my favs are: diced fresh fruit of any kind, kashi waffles or pancakes driizzled in yogurt, rotisserie chicken (it's a GREAT first meat because it is so soft), shredded cheese, baby mums (the greatest thing EVER...I can only find them at Wal-mart), hummus on toast cut into pieces. I keep bags of every kind of frozen veggie (baby carrots, broccoli florets, corn, green beans, lima beans, cauliflower, spinach leaves, green peas, black eyed peas, etc...) and just microwave a few pieces at a time in a small glass bowl half covered in water....she likes it much better than the canned kinds. Pasta, Annie's Mac and Cheese, Tofu (she LOVES the stuff), olives, baked sweet potato chunks....I could go on and on!!!
I think one of us should do a post with a big list when you get all your comments in!!!
BTW, I linked your blog from my "Not me" post today....check it out (and thanks for your compliment!)