Wednesday, May 13

Just Couldn't Stay Awake

Over the past several weeks, Abbey (our dog) and I have left Paul and Addie for a little over an hour each Monday night while we attended a Novice 1 obedience class. Why? After we lost Mollie in December, I was determine 1.) not to let Abbey get depressed and 2.) not to let her become a couch potato. I can't say that I've achieved #2, but she sure isn't depressed!

Abbey turned 7 in February. Being a larger dog, each year increases her risk for weight gain, hip dysplasia, and health problems. So, off we went to obedience classes to challenge her mind and attempt to keep her active. I'll make sure to report next week whether or not she passes her test.

All that being said, I walked in a little after 8 expecting to hear, "Mamamamamama..." (because that's what I've heard for the past 6 weeks every Monday night)! She loves her Daddy, but she's become a bit of a Mama's girl here lately.

Instead, I found this:



What's so unusual about a sleeping baby?

Well who could fall asleep and stay asleep like this except a baby!




So I scooped her up, changed her diaper and clothes and even got some sweet snuggle time before she fell back asleep.

5 comments:

  1. that is absolutely precious! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, he must have really worn her out that night. :-) That's the cutest thing ever!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! I love it! Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO SWEET!!! I love it!! Daddies are the best. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That has to be the sweetest thing!

    ReplyDelete