Monday, May 11

"Not, me!" Monday

Alrighty, "Not, me!" Monday it is!



I'll attempt not to sound so air headed (forgetful, ditzy, etc) in this post!

Abbey, our endearing pup, did not start the day last Tuesday by eating Addie's waffle while my mom stepped out of the room to ask me a question. That night, she did not manage to get not one, not two, but THREE organic hamburgers and consume them in one gulp each! I did not put her in the bathroom (where she stays when we're not home) and leave her there for 30 minutes like she was in time out! I did not then ignore her for another 30 minutes to show my displeasure in her ridiculousness! Then, we did not not (that's complicated) give her dinner that night because she was most assuredly full! Our precious dog would never be so greedy!

I did not hear Addie making what I thought were sweet noises in the backseat one day while we were driving (I mean I was driving, she was riding). I did not turn around at the light only to discover that she had milk from her nose to her neck because she was drinking the milk from the sippy cup and then promptly blowing it back out of her mouth. She'd never do something that silly (and messy)!

I did not throw away two $5 off coupons for Pub!ix. I did not go get the trash bag out of the trashcan outside to find them. Had I recycled the paper like I should have, it would have been inside waiting for Friday (when we did not forget to put the recycling out anyway!). I did not have to tear the plastic bag open and go through each section of the paper to find them. My husband did not think I was losing it and did not remark that it was just $5. He was not promptly corrected that it was in face $10 because there were two of them! He did not end up helping me dig through the papers in order to get the somewhat smelly trash back outside. (side note: these coupons were in a bag that only contained paper, no kitchen trash!)

I did not enter the grocery store and pick up two organic coupon books. As I was shopping, I did not realize that they were good until August and contained great deals for our family. After paying for our groceries...

(spent $28, saved $23 on things we did in fact need...see why I'm obsessed with digging through the trash for coupons thankyouverymuch)...

ahem! back from slight tangent...

After paying for our groceries, I did not swing back by the coupon stand and grab a total of 16 more coupon books. I mean, they'd been there since April 22nd. So if people had wanted them, they would have gotten them, right? I mean, I'm surely not trying to justify my coupon obsession or anything.

sigh...

Make sure to check out MckMama's blog and see what she's not been up to this week!

So, what have you not done this week! Do share and happy Monday!

6 comments:

  1. I LOVE IT!!! You are so fabulous! I do not blame you at all for going through the trash! I have become quite obsessed with coupons too lately, Every little bit helps! I hope you have a fabulous week!! We miss and love you!- Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that's soooo funny! I can't tell you how many times I have dug through my trash looking for RECEIPTS when I want to return something!!

    I noticed you eat organic - we do too!!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE it! PLEASE grab me a few coupon books on your next trip to Publix. We don't have one here, but will probably be shopping there after the move. :-) (PS I almost asked them to take 2 things off of my grocery bill last night because the coupons for them had expired. $3.60 is $3.60! I bought the cereal and granola bars anyway though.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha! I love the cloth diapers so far! I am anxious though to get the rest. Three is just not enough...duh!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Coupons and great and I too am a little obsessed, but taking 16???? Seriously, that's quite greedy......we want Publix to continue to provide these for us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous:
    Since you did not leave any identification as to who you are, I am unable to respond personally to your comment. However, I will respond here. Considering the coupons had been available since April 22nd and there were entire cellophaned packages of them still left at our store, they are apparently not in high demand around here. When they provide $5 coupons in the newspaper, people steal them instead of buying the papers. These were offered for free and no limit was set. I don't see how taking (and using) coupons will cause Publix to cease providing these for us. In fact, I'd venture to say they would be more likely to provide them in the future if people actually use them because it increases business. Hey, I'm just doing my part to help the environment (since they were solely for organic foods) and the economy. But just for the record, these were to share with my mom and a friend. Cheap, though I may be, greedy, I am not.

    ReplyDelete