Manual.
The setting I've been instructed to shoot in.
...with my just returned, recently repaired, still under warranty, good as new 50mm 1.4.
No more simple little green box.
No more little jogging person, tiny flower, or scenic mountain settings to turn to.
No more AV.
M is for Manual
I'm taking a photography class.
Online
Meter your shot.
Choose your ISO.
Set your shutter speed.
Decide on your aperture.
I'm way...
way...
way...
outside of my comfort zone.
My father-in-law says that I'm the queen of multitasking, but don't you think this whole shooting in manual thing is asking a lot...even for the queen of multitasking?!?
Yeah, me too!
So that's why when Addie fell back asleep in her Daddy's lap after her nap, I shot this precious picture of Addie and Daddy with the dial turned to the simple little green box.
You know, for sentimental purposes and all.
Because this is what Manual got me...
Then again, this is what the simple little green box got me...
So I opted for AV mode, which happens to still remain well in the middle of my comfort zone!
...to make sure I didn't miss this priceless moment!
M is for Manual
which I'm afraid might make me Mental!




Just hang in there. You'll get it! I love Aperture Priority mode but there are times when nothing will get you what you want but Manual ... and Photoshop! LOL!
ReplyDeleteSweet capture!!
Wow! I'm way impressed!! I, like DiAnna, love Aperture Priority mode. Manual makes me seriously nervous! :-)
ReplyDeleteBy the way, are we grabbing lunch tomorrow? I hope so!!!!!!!!!