Today was Paul's birthday!
He actually started celebrating Friday with the start of a Birthday Weekend Dessert Extravaganza (can those of you who know him hear him saying that?)!
Friday: Andy's Mint Blended Coffee drink from Cafe Louisa
Saturday: Mile High Ice Cream Pie from Red Robin
Sunday: Brownie Batter Blizzard from Dairy Queen
Monday: Donuts and Birthday Cake (pictures to come!)
Why so many desserts? Because he hasn't had dessert in months and won't have another one until Thanksgiving! Clearly there is little restraint when it comes to sweets. So it's all or nothing...and nothing is best!
Paul started the day with donuts from one of his bosses. Then Addie and I showed up with balloons, a card from Addie, and the cake.
Let me give you a little history here: Paul really wanted a special groom's cake. This special cake would be a Simpson's cake. Now, before you judge him...have you ever actually seen an episode (not from season 1) of the Simpson's? Well at that point in our relationship, neither had I; and I was not interested in introducing him to our family and friends via a Simpson's groom's cake.
Do I dislike the Simpson's? Nah. Not anymore. I've actually come to appreciate them. Well, appreciate is a bit of a strong word. I've come to tolerate my husbands
I digress.
So, years later (almost 9 to be exact) and many viewed Simpson's episodes later, I decided it was time for a Simpson's cake.
And {drumroll please}, here it is:
If you're an Office fan, you'll recognize the banner It Is Your Birthday!
Something weird happened with his mouth/nose. But then again, Bart Simpson isn't the most normal looking of characters, now is he?!
We brought Paul his cake and some balloons to work.
After visiting with Daddy, Addie proceeded to
However, there were a select few who made the cut!
Of course Uncle Tim made the cut too...but i didnt' manage to get a picture of them!
After a massage (leave me a comment if you live around here and need the best massage therapist ever. I'll get you her name and number), we headed to dinner at Bonefish. At Paul's request, we took Addie and my mom along too. Addie enjoyed herself thoroughly, coloring with crayons, squealing with glee, and tossing things she'd had enough of! It gets more interesting every time we take her out to dinner now!
After a yummy dinner (and some Bang Bang Shrimp), Paul got his favorite final treat...Grape Expectations Part II hold the banana and add raspberry. Where might he have gone...? I'll let you tell me!
Happy Birthday to the most loving and caring husband and daddy ever!!!
We love you!
xoxoxo
Mommy and Addie






what a great story and a wonderful birthday celebration...love you, Margaret/gramma
ReplyDeleteYou are a fabulous Mom/wife, Anna!! You need to be a party planner. And I plan on having a "It is Your Birthday" banner every year from here on out. But I think I will always choose pillow, just like Kelly.
ReplyDeleteThat's the funniest post ever! Josh and I LOVE Paul's b-day cake. Very impressive!!
ReplyDeleteLove you and happy birthday to your sweet husband,
allison
impressive cake Anna... yet again! Do we see a business starting here? Ryan
ReplyDelete