Monday, June 15

"Not Me!" Monday

***Update: I have no idea what it will set me back; but I'm shipping the lens to Canon and should have it back in 7-10 business days! We'll see what their prognosis is. Whew! That's much better than the 8-10 weeks the local camera store projected!

Align Center
I did not place my camera on the back of Addie's stroller.

The stroller did not tip over.

The lens, a 50mm 1.4, my favorite lens, the nicest one I've ever owned, the one that I honestly don't think I can (or want to) live take pictures without, is not broken.

I am not on week two of a photography class, and I do not have an assignment due tomorrow.

I do not want to put the camera down and never pick it up again. I do though.

The fact that I am hormonal is not playing into my dramatic reaction nor is the fact that my husband is at a training in Atlanta for the whole week.

I did not cry over any of this. Remember, I'm not a crier.

---------------------------------

In all honesty, none of this matters. And even though I'm sad about my lens, there is so much that we have to be thankful for! But I guess that's what "Not Me!" Monday is for: Being brutally honest and living to tell about it!"

Make sure to visit MckMama's blog and see what she's not been up to this week.

Happy Monday!

4 comments:

  1. Man! I hate to hear that your lens is broken! I too would DEFINITELY be in tears! Is it repairable at least?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man! I hate to hear that your lens is broken! I too would DEFINITELY be in tears! Is it repairable at least?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Anna!! I am so sorry. I cannot even imagine. And cry away, if you need to. I certainly would.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sad about your camera! What a HUGE bummer!!!! And I gotta get back on my Not Me Mondays! i am slacking!

    ReplyDelete