Several months ago, Paul and I started talking about what we might like to do for our 10th anniversary (July, 2010). Cruise? NYC? Maine? An all inclusive like Sandals?
My one request: I wanted some place where I could attempt to take some beautiful pictures, and I wanted to rent a wide angle lens to take with us. I'm a dork. I fully recognize it.
Oh, and I didn't want to spend a fortune.
We knew there would be a possibility that we could have a new baby that we wouldn't be able to leave by next July (our actual 10th anniversary). We had no idea that we would have two!
Well, this is what Paul busted up with:
Which meant we'd need to go either this fall or next. This fall made the most sense.
So before we started fertility shots. Before we found out we were pregnant. Before we found out we were having twins (can I say that? is it actually real? i mean...twins?). We scheduled this trip.
4 days 3 nights. In the mountains. With changing leaves. Waterfalls. Exquisite scenery. Hiking trails. A good book. Nothing to do but relax and take it all in without kids!
And a pregnant woman carrying twins who requires strange food at her fingertips at least 16 hours a day. And gets car-sick-feeling on Birmingham roads.
I think I'll be the one driving those winding mountain roads now. thankyouverymuch!
This will be the first time we've left Addie for longer than one night (and only about 18 hours total). She will be in excellent hands though! She'll be staying with my mom, her Rie Rie. My mom's got Addie's schedule, routines, and otherwise quirky traits down pat! Then she'll get to spend the day with her Aunt DiDi on Monday while we're on the way home.
She doesn't know it yet, but she's ecstatic! She'll be doted on and spoiled all weekend. We've left her a gift to unwrap for each day and a new book for each night. The next time we do this, when we leave 3 children, they'll be lucky to get one gift a day for all three of them! Oh the joys of being the first child!
So...I'm sure I'll have to do a few posts while we're gone, because I will certainly have to empty my memory card daily (or 2-3 times daily) knowing the amount of pictures I'll want to take! And who can empty their memory card and not look at the pictures. And fix a few. And post a few!
But until then, these professional pictures will have to do!



so you're leaving today? have so much fun! my recommendations for carsickness/pregnancy pukes: REAL ginger ale (like canada dry) with crushed ice, and also those "seasickness bands" that you wear on your wrists. they hit a pressure point that alleviates some of the nausea. i am a LONG time car puker... i'm sure i'll be paid back when my kids are carsick, too. : )
ReplyDeletehave a great trip- enjoy your time with paul & your camera! love you,
rachel
oh, also sucking on hard candy- whatever appeals to you. my favorites were lemon drops & sour/sweet candies, but some people swear by starlite mints.
so you're leaving today? have so much fun!
ReplyDeletemy suggestions for car sickness/pregnancy yuck:
real ginger ale (like canada dry) and crushed ice. also sucking on lemon drops or peppermint always helped me. i also used to use the "seasickness bands" that go on your wrists- they hit pressure points that help a little.
love you!
rachel
Have SO much fun! I am incredibly jealous, but I cannot wait to see the fabulous pictures that you're going to take. :-)
ReplyDelete